I Am New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DonaldDuck75, Sep 20, 2016.

1. DonaldDuck75

DonaldDuck75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello all I found this nice corner and I decided to share my short story.
      Back in 2011 I was diagnosed with Eustachian tube dysfunction due to a barotrauma I hat a ringing in my ears sometimes loud sometimes not even noticeable. After 6 months is gone.. but the feeling of clogged ears and the crackling when I swallow still there.
      About 4 weeks ago tinnitus came back with facial pain and horrible headaches and with green mucus from the palate. My doctor diagnosed me with chronic sinusitis and gave me antibiotic, aqueous nasal spray and antihistamine, the infection is gone (still a little bit of yellow mucus) but the tinnitus still here (different sound in right and left ear).
      Sometimes I can hear the sound over other sounds but just in a very silent environment and sometimes I hear the sound just if I close my ear . I get loud pitches especially if I am stressed or angry. My head feel "Full" and my ears are muffled. No hearing loss.
      My doctor stopped my antibiotic and told me to take SUDAFED. After 2 pills I feel no changes.
      My dr also said that now that the infection is gone it will take a good 3-4 weeks to be totally decongestant and feel good again.
      Now I am so worried that my tinnitus will suddenly get louder (I had few panic attack for this) or that will never go away.
      Every doctors told me that is just because I am congested but I mean....after 3 weeks just the infection is gone. Is that possible? Did anyone experienced the same?

Thank you so much. God bless you all!

Oh I forgot something. Sometimes if I block my ears my tinnitus fades and also that I am a power lifter used to lift very heavy weights and I noticed that on Sunday I done a heavy weight session (chest) and the T got worse.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Donaldduck75.
      Ears can take a while after a infection to settle down from the inflammation and extra mucous give it 6 weeks or so.
      You can try steam inhalation for a day or too as will help clear your tubes.
      Time is a great healer.
      Try deep breathing and place one hand on your chest and one on your stomach and breath in slowly to the count of 3 and out slowly to the count of 4 to slow down your breathing if having a panic attack and repeats it till calmed down.....lots of love glynis