I Am Not Trying To Scare Anyone...

Discussion in 'Support' started by gary, Mar 17, 2016.

1. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I went to my ENT earlier this week. I was told one of his tinnitus patience's sister called his office to notify him that he had ended his life. His sister he could not take it anymore, he did have other health issues also, plus he lived alone. My ENT was visibly pretty shaken up.

I am posting this to remind others just how important it may be to have/keep a relationship, I am not saying this would have stopped him, but I know it did not help him by being alone fighting his battles. I did not know him, but wish I did as I may have been able to help is a small way, perhaps lead him to this site.

If anyone has thoughts along these lines please PM me, or anyone here you feel comfortable with. You can have T and still live a great life.

• Like Like x 3
    2. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Yes, Ronald Reagan and many others have. Anyone know other names?

Being alone is not good, need to have support for sure. Also, like Ronald Reagan, he leaned on God's help too.

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah if you are heavily disabled by tinnitus and alone it can be terrifying. Isolation and torture are a bad combo.

4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Then again who can blame him for isolating himself?
      Lack of empathy amongst tinnitus community toward those who are disabled by the noise is disgusting!
      How do you then get the understanding from those who don't have it at all!

5. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I agree, but isolating yourself is not the way to go just because people don't understand. You just can't do it. If you are really being punished, there is no way you will survive on your own. And I'm talking true isolation, like no job, no friends, no family, nothing but suffering and being alone, no one can take this, I don't care how strong you are.

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      as far as I can tell from the available studies, the highest suicide risk among tinnitus patients is elderly men living alone. not shockingly, that demographic has the highest suicide risk period.

7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Agree with you but who knows what his circumstances were!
      Maybe he had no job, no work, no family support.. maybe all he had was tinnitus and suffering! Maybe tinnitus was a tipping point!
      Sad ending!

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Even if you are disabled from T and can not work, you have to get out and see someone/something, the days are way too long and painful to handle otherwise. I could do isolation with no T, but can't handle it with. What's worse than sitting around going insane with screaming in your head by yourself everyday.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1