I Am Profoundly Cured

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Toddcrowther, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Toddcrowther, thanks for your wonderful story.

Unfortunately I was caring too much for others. For my wife, my kids, my grandma, my mother, kids in soccer club, friends of my kids and so on. I always tried making their life happier. At the end, this brought a breakdown for myself and a loud, high-pitched T. I am now caring less for others, more for myself.
      But T now annoys me 24/365 and reminds me how good I was always to others - until end of my life...

Staying positive is what I try. But more difficult than said. But maybe I am still in recovery mode.
      I am happy for you that things improved so much.
      All the best.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Toddcrowther

Toddcrowther Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1996
      Listen martin, you and I are not dissimilar in these areas. I knew it too, but someone whom I did that for betrayed me in a way that did more than just allow me to know it, it caused me to see it on a whole deeper inexplicable level. It wasn't my wife or children. They have all been very understanding, so I am lucky there.
      If you can somehow feel this for yourself, then you will be in my shoes. That's what I think and it's up to you to figure it out somehow. I am telling you you sound a lot like me just two months ago. Serious, what a noise I had.

• Genius Genius x 1
    3. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah definally possible. I feel bad for complaining cause most people with my T would consider themself "cured" its like really a lil soft noise that gets reactive around high pitch loud noises so i keep tellin myself to chill it could
      Be worse. I just want everyone to be gone of this and in my head i just know its gonna happen sooner then later. I got alot of hope in research, and just self healing.

4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah i could see that. For example loud exposure caused me permanent t.. So maybe the reason it stayed around was more the stress and anixety deep down that keeps it from dissapearing, something very hard to rid of in this world unfortunly but only time and self healing is the cure like you said :) im a very caring person.. Think of others before myself.. And im a puppy lover too! Lol but deff do have alot of anxiety deep down that sometimes i dont even know why and for what reason. Getting to the core is lifes healer in all aspects, then nothing can stop you. Been goin through anxiety before T so would seem likely that could be a factor its sticking around along with my haircells damaged!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Toddcrowther

Toddcrowther Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1996
      Just like an alcoholic can't begin recovery until he understands he is an alcoholic, I believe we have to get to the root of the internal dis-ease. Then think of yourself first, stop putting yourself out there so selflessly. Continue caring, but when the jet starts going down, the first thing the pilot does is put on his own oxygen mask. He doesn't run through the cabin helping the passengers. You must meet your own needs first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Toddcrowther, I am very happy for you. That being said, your tinnitus was caused by a psychological condition. Then once you got got your problems sorted ou in your mind, tinnitus went away?

7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Toddcrowther,

Really pleased for you.

8. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Toddcrowther we're all very happy for you, mind and body are closely connected while mostly tinnitus most of the time is considered purely physical (without always knowing its' exact origin). Bearing in mind the intense physiological changes of stress, depression, well all kinds of psychological factors (migraine, bad health, deaths, heart attacks, mental blocks, list goes on forever), I'd be surprised if some people tinnitus isn't a cause of psychological matters - I've previously heard about tinnitus dissolving when psychological issues were dealt with, and I'm very happy you're here to share your story and enforce the idea of this to be the origin, many neglects it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Marls

Marls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Toddcrowther: Hi - I'm happy that you have had success in overcoming your tinnitus. I agree with you that T is more a symptom of some underlying condition, whether organic or psychic. I stopped taking the Niacin and Lipo-Flavonoid OTC pills that were recommended and will be exploring CBT. However, after reading so many posts I believe that it is time for me to start really working on my soul and understanding how stressors and other factors can impact functioning and create symptoms such as Tinnitus, etc. Having this awareness is now 50% of the battle won to overcome the T and manage it. Redirecting the brain - getting the brain to help undo the noise by CBT for example is a start. I know of people who have become pain-free from back pain by retraining their brain to stop sending messages that pain is present.

10. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      This sounds very interesting, we all have pains in life , I would love to know how to move forward on something like this. I have no problems with being honest with myself , I guess I have not found my demon ?

11. Martin69
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      @Marls
      http://www.holistichelp.net/limbic-system-retraining.html
      Maybe rewiring or retraining our brain is the way to go.
      Also what user IWLM describes here in his recent posts (measure your reaction, not your T) goes into this direction.

I also sit here and have not much work to do.
      Others would be happy not having too much work, but earning full salary.
      I feel depressed and listen to the dentist drill in my head.

Is my thinking just wrong?
      I don't know.

12. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I have learned in other areas of life that its easy to get stuck in a loop, thing is , breaking the loop is the way out.
      It can stare you in the face for years or even decades and yet the solution is super simple, its just about finding the right method.

13. Martin69
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      You know RaZaH. This is another real challenge for me.
      Brought T the depression or a depression/burnout T?
      I know that stress/anxiety (burnout) caused my T. But I don't know if I want to continue my "old" life (for example my job). It is not clear.
      I feel depressed and it is difficult making decisions.
      My wife even offered me quitting my job and working in her office - as much as I want and as good as I can.
      We have enough money, I could retire with 45. But do I want to or do I get even more depressed?
      It is all so damn difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I hear you, same thing here , have had health problems for years and dealing with that can make you depressed.
      I have always been a fighter and kept on chasing my dreams despite everything, T for me however was just too much and for the first time during all my issues do I feel depressed. Im a professional musician and music is my life , mess with my ears and you are messing with the core of who I am and how I identify myself.

I feel that without T , I would not be depressed , in fact I would be manically happy :)

Years ago I had problems with panic attacks and after finding the method It literally took me one evening to get rid of that , for good ! Havent even had any panic , anxiety issues since this T crap started and T is much harder then any of the issues that caused my panic attacks. I know I will never have an panic attack ever again.

What I did to deal with that was highly counterintuitive and I see people suffering for years without ever coming up with this super simple method to kill it permanently . Its hard to shake the feeling that we might just not be seeing a similar super simple method to get past T . Might just be wishful thinking ...still cant shake that feeling.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Marls

Marls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      I attempted or rather scanned that article that Martin posted above. I applaud the writer for his efforts to retrain his limbic system and brain to help him regain some semblance of quality of life. The article was so extensive and even though I didn't see anything referenced with the word 'Tinnitus' I am convinced that retraining techniques work. I don't know if I'd utilize the Gupta method but I would try and am trying deep breathing and mindfulness. Today, I've been doing some cervical stretching and have noticed that that along with deep breathing seems to really calm and quiet things down. It is something I believe that will ultimately become a conscious undertaking from now on - I really think this is my body's way of telling me that I have to change things up.

16. Phones
      Dreaming

Phones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/headphones ?
      Interesting stuff, some allusion to the Altruist/ Selfish behaviour balance . Gonna put that in my toolbox ,thanks a lot.