I Can Feel Buzzing Inside My Throat: Is This Part of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lulu123, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Lulu123

Lulu123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I'm very confused. Since the onset of my tinnitus in my left ear due to a slap/perforated eardrum/ear infection 4 weeks ago (ear has been confirmed to be healed by the ENT but the tinnitus remains), when I go to lie down in bed, I can literally feel pulsing in my face and neck. The ENT said it was due to stressing and being anxious about the tinnitus so I've been working on my anxiety.

However, the past couple of nights, I can also feel buzzing inside my throat to the point that I can almost taste it? I can't explain it, it's almost like a slithery electric snake, buzzing in my neck and face. It also feels like it's moving towards my right ear/head as well. When I get out of bed I feel it less so.

Also I should mention I have high blood pressure, controlled with medication.

Any idea what this sensation is?

2. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've not heard of that specific symptom before, but pulsatile tinnitus can feel like it's filling the whole head and body.

Might be worth an MRI, or did the ENT rule that out when he said the infection had healed?

3. donotringatme

donotringatme Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD, TMD, CI
      Could be GERD.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lulu123

Lulu123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I thought it may be pulsatile but I can't actually hear my heartbeat unless I shut my ears and really listen for it which I always could pre tinnitus, I thought pulsatile was hearing your heartbeat?

The ENT didn't suggest a MRI, he just said stop thinking about it and it will go away.

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Antibiotics (temporary) can cause this and more so with stress - high blood pressure.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lulu123

Lulu123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Possibly the antibiotics but I stopped that about 2 weeks ago. Should I give it another couple of weeks for this to die down? My blood pressure is controlled with meds so I presume that may not the cause. Stress levels are very high though, I'm trying to keep myself calm.

Thank you.

7. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      If you don't feel it while you are standing or sitting and you feel it when you go to lie down in bed, try to sleep on several pillows to keep your head elevated all the time, even during the night.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lulu123

Lulu123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Thank you, I did that overnight and didn't feel it.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lulu123

Lulu123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Just an update from my ENT who has now suggested an MRI but after reading some of the information here, it suggested it might make things worse. What do you think?

10. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      I experience this too, it's a bit annoying to see people say "this is unusual". It could be unusual but that doesn't help :D

I am currently experiencing a spike and it's a bit more extreme than usual however I definitely feel tingles and shocks across the back of my head and also coming straight from my throat. As if I were eating pop rocks. Does that sound familiar?

Let me know if you get any new information! I would be very interested to read about it.