I Can't Do This

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kristen, May 29, 2016.

1. Kristen

Kristen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
      I need help....been crying for days...can't eat, ignore everything that is going on around me...have NO desire to finish planning our Disney vacation.... I start counting down the seconds until bedtime the second I wake up. My life is basically over. Why can't someone help me?? How can this possibly happen? It is pure torture!!!!!!!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. no life

no life Member

How did you get your T? How loud is it?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Kristen I'm happy talk to you on Skype if in another country or on my mobile if in the uk and I'm on fb and whatsap.

Stay positive you will get passed these feelings and maybe some depression along with your tinnitus.
      You will get round the clock support on here as you get through this tough part of your life .
      Time is a great healer....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Kristen what you are experiencing is very common and very isolating in the first month of intrusive tinnitus.
      The anxiety and depression and feeling of not being able to function outside - is real. The first step for me was to find a way to deal with the anxiety.

These first few months are very difficult - so do not make your self feel - unworthy or questioning why it seems impossible for you to continue forward as you read stories.

This is a slow process right now. What are you hearing? Any problems with the inner ear can make a person feel unbalanced physically and emotionally.

I was exactly like you way back when this intrusive NOISE hit me suddenly. Long story....but know you will find some way to deal with life and go on with enjoyment.

Glynis I admire your words and help you give to everyone. I have been following this support board but not engaging in actual threads until now. I just wanted you to know that your efforts are not going unseen. Thank you for what you have done for people.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank you @Starthrower for your kind words....lots of love glynis

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Kristen . Just take note of these remarks they are all true . You will find ways of dealing with your tinnitus . It's tuff going I know We have all been through these dark times. You will get better but it does take time Keep with us and stay strong.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Kristen!
      if your t is Eustachian Tube Dysfunction related, the chances for it to go away are big!
      but first you need to calm down and put stress behind.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kristen

Kristen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
      I had a sinus issue the first week of May and my ears hurt. Doctors say I have a Eustachian Tube Dysfunction that should heal up on it's own in about 6-12 weeks. My ears constantly feel very heavy - like I have cotton balls in them. The last week and a half the tinnitus has been ALL I can focus on. I'm trying to keep busy but just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I sobbed through church this morning...so embarrassing. I've missed work and my poor kids have been getting McDonald's for dinner because I just can't bring myself to do anything else. My husband has been great but this is wearing on him and I can see him losing patience. I can't let this destroy my life but the anxiety and depression are overwhelming. I literally almost just went to the ER in a panic attack but luckily my Mom called at just the right time and talked me down.

• Hug Hug x 3
    9. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Kristen . The anxiety and depression are the two worse things when you have tinnitus. But as soon as you get these two under control you will feel a whole lot better trust me. I've had Eustachian tube dysfunction so I know how you are feeling it does take time to go away but it will. Hope this helps you and you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
    10. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Kristen.
      Tinnitus comes from the Limbic part of the brain where our emotions come from so it's easy to see why our emotions go haywire with tinnitus.
      Panic attacks and depression can get better with support and that also will help you cope with the sound itself I promise you.....lots of love glynis