I Can't Take It Anymore

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gl0w0ut, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am reaching the wits end of my sanity. No longer can I just "cope" and "habituate" to this condition. It has ruined my life. The only time I don't hear it is when I'm asleep. I cannot go out or do my hobbies without it cutting in and ruining everything. I just want to hang myself and be done with this goddamn ringing. It never gets better, and medical science refuses to do anything that involves hurting the brain the basically fry and destroy its overactive circuits. I just can't go on anymore.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Understand your pain. I feel the exact same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. butterfly75
      No Mood

butterfly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm in the exact same place. I'm unable to cope, and it gets in the way of enjoying life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I'm looking forward to die myself. But since death will happen by itself, I'd rather endure than commit suicide. I can have both death and my pride, so I'm not going to settle with just one out of two. You want a purpose that can make you keep going? Check out what attheedgeofscience has written about stem cell therapy. Make up a plan for how to afford it sometimes in the future.

That's how I get by.

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      enjoyment of life can still be achieved. It takes more guts, being brave to do it, but it still can be achieved. My tinnitus is prolly way WORST than yours. I suffer from a non-forgiving Fibromyalgia syndrome(Pain all over my body 24 7) that is frickin brutal. Stomach discomfort 247.

I still smile and live my life. My mentality is different from most. Life is what you make of it. We have issues, but trust me..others have it way worst than we do. The ringing is horrible, indeed...I hate it. There is no point for me get emotional over it. I have NO ONE that takes care of me, I take care of me.

I cannot throw in the towel because of tinnitus, fibro and my other issues. It takes time to adjust to the ringing, but it can be done.....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You haven't said how many months you have had tinnitus? Have you been tested at ENT? Or being referred to a Hearing Therapist for tinnitus treatment and management? A lot can be done to help you cope. If you have only been seen at ENT and not being referred to a Hearing Therapist then I suggest you do that ASAP . Please click on my "started threads" and read my article: Tinnitus A Personal View.

All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Andy Smeragulio
      Alone

Andy Smeragulio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-1-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure

8. Andy Smeragulio
      Alone

Andy Smeragulio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-1-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I listen to brain wave tinnitus therapy on you tube. Find what you like and use head phones, this helps me !!!!

9. Andy Smeragulio
      Alone

Andy Smeragulio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-1-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I learning tinnitus has it's own way of controlling the mind, I couldn't tell you how many times i wanted to just sleep and not wake up. But that's not the answer, i wish i knew the answer, all i do know is that i do have a few good days

10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      But many do go on to habituate which has nothing to do with coping ..

Ive had my ups and downs coming up to four years next month, but im mostly at peace with my t.

It is your reaction to your t that is ruining your life.

*if only i didnt have t my life would be perfect* kinda thoughts right?

Wrong.

I struggle with debilitating air hunger and feelings of suffocation bc of lyme/other for the past 6 months.

Never thought id ever get past my t, but i have.

I can reassure you that my breathing issues are far more of a concern than my ever present t.

So you see, when looking at a bigger picture... t isnt necessarily the worst thing that can happen to a person. its all about perspective. (my t is severe and i have moderate h)

It has gotten better for many here; including myself. After stems in May, my t lessened and my h significantly improved.

I know t and h can be mentally debilitating, but I can tell you with certainty, that for many of us, habituation or improvement in symptoms definately do occur.

• Like Like x 1
    11. bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      Can you get stem cell therapy for T now?

12. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Stem cell therapy is still in its infancy. There is a serious Stem cell human trial for hearing loss that's to take place in July 2018. There's no saying if it will actually help tinnitus, even if it cures hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      What trial is that @threefirefour?

14. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Sorry. I read the scientific paper. They're in stage 1, and it's supposed to advanced to stage 2 in May 31, 2018.

15. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      You can technically get stem cells for Tinnitus now.. actually you get can Stem Cells injected into your body for anything...The thing is that is not proven (for Tinnitus) and the clinics that offer the services around the world exist purely for profit. Save your money and try to habituate until proven effective treatments are available.

• Creative Creative x 1