I completely habituated, and now I'm devastated again, this sucks.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Willie, Mar 10, 2014.

1. beemovie

beemovie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      Go-Karting with a gas engine?? I dont think there is "no over this" . If you have or had ringing u have hearing damage. I personally think any noise that will hurt you is always going to be man made. There is no noise in nature that I think can hurt you. But a gas engine on a go kart.... you need to wear ear plugs. They are cheap and then can can just throw them away when done. I go no where without having ear plugs on me.

2. beemovie

beemovie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      I dont think thats strange because I have high pitched static, pulsative and a straight tone.

3. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Hey willie sorry to hear your back to square one man .....I know it's tough man every day is a battle but you'll get through this....I know it's hard not to beat yourself up I do it all the time but you really just have to give your T sometime and it will settle down once again man ....stay strong

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I don't think that hearing loss and t are necessarily tied together. You can have t and no hearing loss

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. beemovie

beemovie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      If the T is from loud noise exposure, your hearing is damaged. Normal hearing does not have T.

6. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Yeah in my case it does mask it completely but I suppose its because mine is quite mild. I find waterfall sounds particularly helpful.

7. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Karting can put a great strain to one's neck. Maybe something happened there which increased the T? Try some neck stretching & massages? Hang in there!