I Don’t Know What to Do

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ash_1999, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Ash_1999

Ash_1999 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music through headphones
      hello

I developed tinnitus four weeks ago, I’ve kinda learned to live with it. However two days ago I had a cold and was super anxious to rather it would spike my tinnitus. I didn’t sleep that night as I was worried. I would get up and listen to my tinnitus and see if it has gotten worse. When I got up the next day I was super anxious and was also listening out to sounds around the house. I was reading some information on the Forum about hyperacusis which really scared me. Since then I have had this anxious feeling towards sounds such as people talking or Laughing however when I’m calm I don’t notice it, I’m really scared as I’m confused, I don’t feel Any pain in my hears or any discomfort only Irregular heartbeat.

I don’t know if I have anxiety or phonophobia I only feel this when I’m worried or anxious. I feel like I’m over thinking everything and I don’t know how to stop. Is this normal when new to tinnitus ? I only fear sound when anxious or overthinking, I’m overwhelmed and don’t know what to do. I haven’t slept in two days, I’m 18 and I feel like my life is ending. My ENT appointment is in two weeks and I don’t know how I will cope in the meantime.

For instance: I’m calm now and any sound doesn’t brother me at all, however I can’t get rid of suddenly getting this anxious feeling which leads to fear. I can’t stop listening out to sounds and fearing them.

Someone please help, it would be appreciated. Also sorry for any grammar mistakes as I’m not focusing well.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Hi
      First thing to do is STOP using headphones and avoid loud noise. Chances are very good that you T will fade over the next few months if you protect your ears. I would advise against any "procedures" with your ears as this might aggravate the T. Just give it time to sort itself out.
      Throw out your headphones because you will eventually have permanent T if you keep using them

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Ash_1999,
      Tinnitus comes with lots of unwanted emotions like anxiety and fear,
      this is normal so don't worry as it's the fear of not knowing what your tinnitus is going be like and if it will go.
      Try to stay calm and be reasured the feeling will settle down it's your fright and flight responce giving you a emotional wobble so take some deep breaths and keep posting for support.
      love glynis x

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1