I Goofed Up (Maybe, Something Scraped Up Against My Ear with Earplug in Making a Grating Sound)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Falconfox, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      So this might sound strange to some but I went to the gym today to try to get back to my old routines as we'd all like to I'm sure. The music was of course too loud so I popped in my earbuds (no music)to take some of the edge off and I think they did. Sadly while I was hitting the heavy bag something scraped up against my ear and made a grating sound within the ear bud. So basically I went from feeling pretty good to freaking out worrying if I damaged myself as I'm now dealing with a spike though I may just be letting my nerves get the better of me. Really didn't need this today.

2. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      You probably don't have anything to worry about. I've had many short loud sounds cause me spikes, part of it I think is the anxiety. You should be fine by tomorrow or the next.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Honestly I think you're on the money. It's just so demoralizing to try and take a small step forward and fear that you took a big leap backwards.

4. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I know exactly how you feel, I actually did take a huge leap backwards last week. Just make sure to be careful, I wish I had.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aw crap man I'm sorry, it's so exhausting feeling like you need to be vigilant at ALL times.

6. Lauren Morse
      Cowabunga

Lauren Morse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma/Migraines
      This often happens to me. It sucks for a few hours, but you should be fine within a day or so.

My T can spike but usually I get very dizzy, lose my balance, and feel as if the sounds are dulled..how odd. I don't think it should cause permanent damage but be really careful. I would try to get different earplugs or earmuffs honestly.