I Had Several Seizures the Other Day and Now I'm Experiencing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kenneth Kalousek, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      What happened was I had body slammed our game cabinet with my head and the following day I started hearing looping music in my right ear. Besides the 5 or 6 second song I had also heard the intro to Britney Spears' "Toxic" and some beeping and jackhammering.

The following day (Today) I've experienced quieter sounds in my right ear but now I'm experiencing a loud high-pitched squeak in my left ear.

Is this all to do with being concussed? Will this go away?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Maybe you would benifit from taking anti-epileptic drugs, your brain must have gone haywire when you banged your head. Sometimes these things fade away other times they remain, the best you can do is visit a doctor and describe everything you've described to us, I'm positive there's something they can do for you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      I've made an appointment for Thursday, though I wish I could have gotten it for earlier. I'm hoping that the noise fades on its own, but I'm afraid that it will come back in the future after more seizures.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      There's some people who fully recover from epilepsy, I had two friends who had epilepsy, I don't know if they fully recovered but they live pretty fulfilling lives. I had a friend who felt some drowsiness in the beginning of his epileptic journey of taking the necessary drugs, but thankfully that is not a problem for him anymore.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      Well I've had Epilepsy for 14 years, I don't see it clearing up any time soon since it's genetic through my father.

6. Artur
      Wishful

Artur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2017 or 30/06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      If it's genetic then it's a completely different problem, I wouldn't be hopeful for a cure but you can try to live a fulfilling life. Who knows!? Maybe in a few years CRISPR-Cas9 will be made into some form of genetic cure for epilepsy so that you and your offspring can live without seizures.

• Like Like x 1
    7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I will say this much. Going and seeing a DR is something I would do first. Tinnitus is annoying, but not on the same level as a seizure. All this board and myself hope all turns, out ok for you :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      Oh my lord, you've had T since 1990?! I would have ended myself by now sir; I applaud you for your will.

• Like Like x 1
    9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually since 87-88. I got hit when I was a teen and it was quite scary and hellish. It takes lots of patience and willpower to live a life, with this garbage. I had the low tone/hiss like all did, when it started. This forum was not around almost 30 years ago and I abused my ears and lived life in the fast lane and my tinnitus is louder than a freeway at rush hour now. So, it's crazy, but it is what it is, gotta always move forward...no options left....

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      I am so sorry for your situation. I don't know if I would be able to take it. I've only had it for a couple days and it's already to the point where i'm making appointments with doctors.

11. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are doing great! No one knows that they are a super hero till IT confronts them. Tinnitus = IT

Seeing a Dr is a good idea, hopefully they can find solutions to your issues. Tinnitus is something that takes time, it is nerve rattling and just disturbing. Your body and mind can adapt, if you let it. if you fight it and go against it, then it simply wins and you can lose.

Seeking support is great and just distracting yourself from it, is a must. Live that life, enjoy it but don't be stupid like i was and avoid super loud places and people... I come here to help people and hope they don't get the level of hell tinnitus that I live with 24 7....

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      Well that's a bit unfortunate since I live with a loud woman and my best friend is really loud...Do you have any ideas as far as distractions go? Most of what I hear is what sounds like someone opening and closing the inventory repeatedly in the first Animal Crossing game.

13. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Your environment can make it or break it for you. It's not always the loud sounds that make the tinnitus worst. STRESS and anxiety can increase tinnitus levels or bring on a spike. If your room mates are loud people, that might further annoy you and your ears. You have a lot of thinking to do and possible adjusting. Tinnitus brings these elements, into our lives...

• Creative Creative x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      Thanks, I'll do a lot of thinking Fishbone (and I'll make sure to quote the line "Nobody knows they're a superhero until they have Tinnitus")

• Like Like x 1
    15. sanj100

sanj100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is interesting. So you reckon if you didn't live life in the fast lane and abuse your ears after getting your initial low level tinnitus, then it would have remained a low level as opposed to increasing?

Also, what precisely did you do to make the sound so much worse. What would you define as "abusing your ears" and "living life in the fast lane"?

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

16. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Kenneth Kalousek
      My husband and both my son's are epileptic and don't have tinnitus but are on medication.
      So I hope your tinnitus and fits settle.
      Love glynis

17. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      For this you have my deepest sympathy.
      Seriously though, I hope it settles with time.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      And I thought my buzzing was bad.

• Funny Funny x 1
    19. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not in all cases, but hearing/ear damage can contribute to tinnitus and louder tinnitus. I'd go to clubs, dance by speakers, be in very loud places that no one should be. I was at parties and just experienced too much of life. I did this while I had the initial low tone hissing. I have said this in most of my posts....It's not the tinnitus that bothers me, it's the hearing loss. My tinnitus is absurd, but i slap it and tell it to go sit in its corner :)

It's a double edged sword, you live fast...you can suffer from it. I did and if i could take it back, i'd wear ear protection in loud places :)

There is no guarantee, that wearing ear protection can prevent louder tinnitus either. You still have a better chance though.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1