I Have Auditory Recruitment with Ear Pain and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Andrew M, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Andrew M

Andrew M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise from head set ear phones
      I have ear pain from noise and tinnitus I don't like to drive running water because of the sound. I can't even watch TV and listen to it I have to use closed captioning. I wear ear plugs when I drive and shower but the ear plugs hurt when they are in my ears.

My ENT says they don't see anything wrong with my ears. I had to stop my tinnitus treatment because of the ear pain.

Any help with ear pain please. I just don't know what to do.

2. Aegaeon

Aegaeon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      You said you have hearing loss. What’s the degree of your hearing loss? You wanna share your audiogram and your LDLs (if measured)?

Recruitment is generally an intolerance for loud sounds. This doesn’t seem to be your case. The majority who have hypersensitivity and hearing loss, have hyperacusis rather than recruitment, or may have some degree of both.

You also said that you had to stop your tinnitus treatment because of ear pain. What kind of treatment was that? If you started TRT then maybe your audiologist needs to readjust the volume of the devices so they don’t cause any pain.

3. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andrew M

Andrew M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise from head set ear phones
      Hi Aegaeon My audiologist told me not to do the tinnitus program from my hearing aids until my ears stopped hearting. I am not worried about the tinnitus right now I don't like the ear pain. I just wish it would stop. I don't under stand the audiogram sorry cannot give you my hearing loss or LDL's all I was told was I have mild hearing loss.