I Have Been Having Tinnitus for 3 Days

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gabriel C, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Gabriel C

Gabriel C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ETD?
      Hello everyone,
      About a year ago, my ears started to make a popping/cracking sound as well as to have some pressure. I went to the ENT and he told me that I had for of infection in my eustachian tubes.

He then gave some pills and a nasal spray for 2 weeks and told me I should get better. After the treatment, the popping became minimal to the point in which I could easily ignore it.

Then last Friday, like around 3 a.m., my right ear started to ring while I was trying to sleep and the popping started to get a little louder.

A couple of days now and I can still hear it while I try to sleep (I don't mind it much when I am awake).

I'm pretty nervous and will visit the doctor tomorrow. How serious is it?

2. Kendall
      No Mood

Kendall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1994
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infections from congenital cholesteatoma
      who know with T, it does what it wants. You might find out more with your Dr visit.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      it's the same as me. my T start from popping/cracking sound and after that T started very low. and now it's very loud.
      Sorry. but time determine your T is gone or not. I hope your T will gone.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gabriel C

Gabriel C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ETD?
      I have an update.
      The doctor told me that it seems that i don't really have any type of nerve damage (he tested me with a couple of tuning forks). However, my ears where extremely dry and he showed me the flakes caused by dry skin inside my ear. He prescribed me with Nimotop, and told me that the tinnitus and popping should become unnoticeable after a couple of months. He then warned me to avoid headphones, staying up late (I am a night owl), and alcoholic drinks.
      I really hope that this is the case.
      I will keep updating.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      In my opinion, anyone that has tinnitus shouldn't use headphones even at low volume. It is good to know your Doctor advised you of this, unlike some health professionals that don't realize the harm they can do.
      Hope things improve for you soon.
      Michael

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      You obviously went to a very perceptive doctor who noticed dry skin. These days, doctors - especially those who have their own practice - are swamped with patients from the time they open their door until they leave and many times overlook things either because they are tired or in a hurry to see the next patient.

Keep us posted!

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gabriel C

Gabriel C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ETD?
      Yeah. He did mention that we are rising a generation with predisposition to hearing problems because of loud car stereos and headphones

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gabriel C

Gabriel C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ETD?
      He has actually being working as an ENT for quite a long time. My mother told me that he has treated even my great grandparents at one point.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gabriel C

Gabriel C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ETD?
      Its been almost a week since it started.
      Even though the doctor told me to keep calm, I am still pretty anxious.
      I have started looking at other possible causes for the T. Is there a normal high frequency lost on young adults (25 yo)? I can only hear up to 16khz with moderately loud speakers on self-tests...

10. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      It is normal to be anxious when tinnitus begins; it's a natural human response mechanism. However, the whole trick to coping with it is just to let your guard down and let it win - simply stop fighting it. It's a gradual process, but eventually your brain will file the ringing into the 'not important' drawer and your nervous system will not react to it, thus causing your anxiety. Most of all, you need to keep in mind that tinnitus will not kill you.

Have you attended concerts or been exposed to loud noise/music prior to the outset of tinnitus? Have you taken any medication, ie: Melatonin, Xanax? Have you been on an airplane? Drove with windows down? Been sick? Had dental work done? All of these things could precipitate tinnitus.

11. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      I would try 2mg Clonazepam for 1 month, or something that will not let him develop, and try to get high sound mix for your phone so you can stimulate your ears. Some of us louse hearing on aftre 14khz cos of medication, loud music, job with loud noise, those are first cells in cohlea and they get destroyed first.

Try to do maximumum NOW IN START cos as time goes it will be harder and harder, zing, vitamins B, magnesium, DO ALL, as when you get it is will just progress so please do all to stop it, I use N-A*C too. Use all, use all vitamins and minerals, and try something strong for stress like clonazepam, a friend got it and got rid of it with 1 box of clonazepam.

12. Emmi
      Not amused

Emmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Did your friend start immediately with clonazepam? Do you think it could still help after 12 months?

13. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      she started immidietly, 4 days after onset of tinnitus

14. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since: