I Have Tinnitus After Getting My Wisdom Teeth Yanked Out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rebecca Williams, Oct 3, 2017.

1. My name Rebecca I have tinnitus and have had it for about 4 or 5 months since two wisdom teeth removals, boy do I regret it but I'm not good on pain meds so I can't take codeine and my dentist couldn't give me morphine so I accidentally overdosed on BC powder cause I was in so bad pain after getting my wisdom teeth out but I didn't get surgery they were yanked out and that's when it all started.

When it first started it was so loud I couldn't hear anything, now it comes and goes and in my right ear and gives me a earache sometimes. It sounds like it's in my head. I can't get in to see a ear nose an throat doc till Oct 31 that's a month from now and I don't know what to do, I can't drive my truck and can't be around electronics and I'm obsessive with noise. I don't know what to do.

Anybody got any advice about what's gonna happen or how to stop it cause it's gonna drive me crazy one day.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can try wearing ear plugs underneath Peltor X5A muffs. I found that I can still hear other drivers using their car horn. I have been driving like that for around 6 months now, and thus far I haven't been stopped by police.
      Have you experienced Any fading compared to 2-3 months ago?

Are you using sound enrichment (nature sounds to give you something else to listen to besides your T)?

I began experiencing some improvement after I started to protect my ears from even the moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner or a blender.

You can also try taking supplements like NAC, Alcar, Magnesium, Vitamin B, etc. Search this site for details about those supplements.

• Like Like x 1