I Have Tinnitus and I'm 14!? Is That Normal?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cjj283, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Cjj283

Cjj283 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone. Recently, I picked up pulsate tinnitus after having an extreme cold and I don't know how long it will go on for. I'm only 14 and I didnt know it was a thing until I looked up the waves in my ears and it said that it was because of tinnitus. Also, there are regular cracks in my ears and I don't know what I should do. Any suggestions?

2. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      When did you have your cold, and when did your T start? If you just recently had this cold it could be that your ears are still clogged and you are hearing your own pulse because of pressure in your ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      You need to see your doctor so can look in your ears and check your Blood pressure etc.
      In the mean time keep sound on around you if It's distressing or keeps you awake.
      Avoid using headphones and earphones for a while also even at low volume.
      It could be that your hearing is down from the cold with bunged up ears and picking up the sound from your Carotid artery right near your ear...lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cjj283

Cjj283 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had my cold from about Saturday morning and it started to clear up a bit in the morning. My tinnitus started about Sunday and ever since I have been hearing waves in my ears, my pulse and my ears have been cracking.

5. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      That's very recent. It will probably go away in a week or two. You should try nasal spray, it might help a little. Your should see your doctor, he/she might offer something more effective.

• Like Like x 1