I have tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bharath, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Bharath
      Cloud9

Bharath Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hey Everyone,

I'm glad i found a tinnitus discussion forum, I wanted to express my tinnitus problem. It all started from July 2013, When i quit a company i worked there for 5 years and i had to quit to get out of the stress and 3 days after resignation It started all of a sudden one morning, I had some severe cold attack prior to that so bad that i think it had infected my lungs where i couldn't breath properly but came out of that problem after visiting a doctor, after 3 weeks of tinnitus i was followed with vertigo which was like shocking because of the dizzyness as though i was High from drinks...it was pretty bad, went to ENT and the doctor called it BPPV and caused due to inner ear infection, vertigo is gone for now but this tinnitus ringing exists sometimes loud, sometimes faint and sometimes normally quiet, i have got used to it and i don't know if this is because of stress as I have not found a job since i left my previous job and that has brought some stress on me, usually when i go outside in to traffic or anonymous sounds the ringing subsides, i had been travelling on bike for 5 years 1hr journey one way from home to office and suddenly it was quiet after i stayed at home for a continuous week and on and thats when it started, ENT doctor said there is no medication for this and it will subside and it is psychological too...i never listened to loud music or on earphone...not sure why it happened to be me :( vertigo is something scarry...once i sleep on right side of my bed then it triggers dizzy..now i have been sleeping only on one side..doctor had prescribed Vertin tablet to help the inner crystals to patch up so it doesn't float freely causing the imbalance.

2. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hello! It is nice to have you on board:)) I think Tinnitus is often a reaction coming from high levels of anxiety and stress. In your case it could perhaps be the cumulative load of stress (you mentioned that you were already stressed from your job and after quitting not finding a new job made you even more stressed). Try to find ways that relax you. Also, maybe a visit to a psychiatrist or psychologist could help. I hope your close ones are supporting you as well:) Maybe you should also try visiting someone more qualified for the problem - we find here that often doctors have no real knowledge about the problem.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bharath
      Cloud9

Bharath Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi Stina,

Thanks for replying, I'm hoping this tinnitus will eventually go away once i start working again, I have lived quiet a stressful life for many years, feels like i'm not in the right place or right time for anything.

I live with my family parents and brother, although these people don't seem to understand properly how tinnitus can affect a person so I could say that i'm not getting the kind of support i needed but Here in this forum i found some hope and i need this hope to keep myself up.

• Agree Agree x 1