I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Night 17. Slept all of 8 hours with it. As soon as I wake up the tinnitus is still there, but when I get up and moving it goes away mostly. Right now I wouldn't even know I had tinnitus if I didn't already know. I am really astounded by this it's almost comical.

• Like Like x 3
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Considering how many few cases there are of people recovering from tinnitus after a year combined with my drive to cure myself and try stuff, I'd think it is more than likely that the things I am trying are in fact the reason I am recovering so well and not just a coincidence. My tinnitus is now basically a joke and is in no way a problem other than my OCD desire to want it totally gone and go back to playing drums and shoot guns.

What I think has had the greatest impact:
      3 times daily turmeric + NAC + Glutathione
      Next to that:
      This sound therapy

Even the slight improvements that I think I got from the PRP* injections in Korea have nothing on my more recent improvements.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      @R. David Case I wonder if it would be possible to do an assessment of whom Tinnitus Mix helped and whom it didn't help, e.g. by asking people whether it helped and asking whether their tinnitus was/is high or low pitched and left or right-sided and whether they were able to fully mask their tinnitus with the Tinnitus Mix...

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      John Sykes was Whitesnake. Listen to the 1st Blue Murder album and you'll hear what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
    5. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      So regarding the volume, slightly under my tinnitus or above?

Should I use some special app/player? Seems that they differ a little bit in sound.

6. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      @R. David Case I have now the Koss headphones. I tried it in the past with different headphones but my tinnitus reacted. A couple of questions.

1. Have you heard of people with reacting tinnitus benefiting from Tinnitus Mix?
      2. Any cases where the tinnitus worsened temporarily but the person kept going and benefits showed up later on?
      3. After how long do you think one should conclude the therapy does not work if one keeps going and has no improvement / has worsening?

I can sleep most night with the Koss on, but I am concerned about worsening.

Thanks in advance and thank you for making this therapy available for free. For sure it's quite original.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      You've been taking these three times a day each? At what doses? For close to a year I've been taking L-Theanine/Curcumin/NAC/Magnesium/Fish Oil nightly. Plus Ginkgo twice a day and I experience very good days 6 out of 7. Maybe I need to further stack this Tinnitus Mix.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Each dose of
      Glutathione = 250mg, NAC = 600mg,
      Turmeric = ~2-3 grams

9. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      ... Or is it possible to edit the sound to include more frequencies around 15-16 kHz? Can I edit it in any way?

I hope I'm not too nosey, I just wanna try out what could help.

10. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      You really push the boat out. Are you never worried about the side effects?

• Like Like x 1
    11. LostOutWest
      Not amused

LostOutWest Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      10 nights down. My hyperacusis doesn’t exist anymore. I have been readjusting everything back up to civilian-levels of sound. So grateful for that.

Seems like my very high frequency head-oriented tinnitus is gone too. Haven’t heard it in a while. My tonal tinnitus is still there, coming and going through the day. This morning I could I couldn’t find it and I was sitting in basically a soundproof chamber (20 decibels).

Past couple of days my tinnitus has seemed a lot less intrusive. It isn’t screaming at me quite as much.

I sleep like a baby to Tinnitus Mix now. I may use it forever instead of a sound machine. Doesn’t bother me at all.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      After this bottle of NAC and Glutathione is done I'm stopping. The turmeric is safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That seems to be the main thing about this for me as well. WHICH IS GRRRRRRREAT!

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      Do you mind mentioning the brands you take?

No offense, but since you are having success I’d like to copy what you are taking (in full understanding you are not advocating doing/taking anything and will have no liability or criticism)

:beeranimation:

15. LostOutWest
      Not amused

LostOutWest Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m super happy for you, John. I haven’t been on here long, but I’ve read enough of your odyssey to know that you’ve been through a lot to get to this point. It’s inspiring to see someone who woke up every day and grinded through this affliction and all of the treatment trials and tribulations get a payoff in the end.

@JohnAdams

• Agree Agree x 3
    16. dgray

dgray Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, High Frequency Hearing Loss
      With all due respect for your kindness in providing this for free sir. Can you please clarify if you are telling me that it will not work for me or should I continue to try this?

17. dgray

dgray Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, High Frequency Hearing Loss
      With all due respect for your kindness in providing this for free sir. Can you please clarify if you are telling me that it will not work for me or should I continue to try this?

18. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      2 week update:

My old tinnitus that went away 20 years ago never changed its tone, tonight the “new” 2 month old tinnitus suddenly changed its tone and not really for the better. It came down and is not as a high tone as usual... and a little more annoying.

Maybe good, maybe bad... who knows.

19. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      What would happen if someone used Neuromod Lenire for the hour the day and slept with Tinnitus Mix every night?

Tinnitus cure found?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That would be great, except people don't respond as you would think. Many that have eliminated their tinnitus in the test group move on with their lives and don't need tinnitus groups and it is hard to get a response. When their tinnitus was roaring they posted every day seeking help.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It is a good sign when the Tinnitus Mix causes the tone of your tinnitus to change.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I am just saying I am sorry you have not seen any change yet. I would continue, I have seen some take longer than others.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's wonderful!!! I keep telling people Tinnitus Mix has many benefits such as deeper sleep, clarity of mind, etc. It takes a few days to get used to the sounds but then when neuroplasticity changes occur in the brain/ear connections the sounds become soothing!

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure, I have Tinnitus Mix on a Sony UX-560 that has an on board equalizer, I turn up the highs and turn down the lows and it works BETTER than the raw file!

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes to questions 1 and 2, on question 3, I have had a few take 2 months of using Tinnitus Mix for results. The pattern seems to be the longer you have had tinnitus / hyperacusis the longer Tinnitus Mix takes to work. I would play during the day for 6 hours with headphones 2 inches in front of ears for 3 weeks if I were you.

• Like Like x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The volume should be below your tinnitus, this is not a masker!! The player does not matter as long as you keep it in WAV format (high quality).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    27. Pawel1
      No Mood

Pawel1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      I will try to listen to Tinnitus Mix a few hours every day, on my high-definition headphones.
      Surely you could download a simple sound editing software from the Internet, for example Audacity. There you can rather easily change the frequencies of even the smallest sounds in the whole Tinnitus Mix. All of this can be done with the use of YouTube tutorials, in about 10-20 minutes (?)

• Like Like x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That is my goal here, to improve the Tinnitus Mix success rate from 50% to 90% or higher, I think we are on the brink of that with all the ideas and brain power here.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    29. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night 18. Still slowly improving. Before I started this I was also slowly improving in terms of tinnitus loudness, but after 3 nights of this, my noise sensitivity in my right ear disappeared entirely. I am not afraid to say that I think this noise is responsible at least for that part of it. Good job Case.

As of right now, my tinnitus is pretty much gone. It seems to return around early afternoon for a couple hours as I've stated before, so I'll see if it does again today.

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The Vitamin Shoppe brand.