I Just Joined the Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ATL jeffro, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ATL jeffro

ATL jeffro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Motorhead
      I've had tinnitus for many years. I just found this forum by listening to the 'Tinnitus Terminator' video. I will try to find audio therapies elsewhere before I buy into that one. I've tried 'sure-fire' remedies before, so far I still have blaring ringing in both ears. Especially my right ear. My tinnitus started back in 1981. I went to a Motorhead/ Ozzy Osbourne concert and after the show my ears were ringing. Over the years, I continued to listen to loud music and shoot guns without any ear protection. I did not know tinnitus existed until I already had it. I went to an ENT a year ago, spent $500 dollars with him, only to be told that there is no cure. As you all know, the effects from the constant noise causes many different problems. The worst thing is that no one has any idea of, or can relate to my issue. People forget very quickly that I suffer from tinnitus, or even invalidate the condition outright.
      I am glad I found this forum. I hope in time I will find some way to get relief. Jeff.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Wow you have had it a long time. I assume it was very Mild back in 1981??

Apart from the tinnitus how is your hearing??

3. BettyHasHope

BettyHasHope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ruptured eardrum
      People don't really understand how someone feels until it happens to them. You tell someone without Tinnitus and it comes out thru the other ear. Only people with the same pain will understand.

4. Mark Schultz

Mark Schultz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I just joined. The ringing is intolerable. I'm suicidal. Who's the best doctor in the country, state of Oregon, or world. I have to stop this noise.