I Know What to Do... Don't Want to Believe It...

Discussion in 'Support' started by MatthijsDJ, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

MatthijsDJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No root cause found, most likely stress...
      Ok, I'am doing cbt. Listening to my T without any negative thougts or feelings.

I know this will help me in living with T and minor H.

However still not as happy as I want. Just because I want to make progress to fast...

But making some minor progress keeps me alive. the succes stories over here are helpin a lot over here.

And Just realized myself some thing. The early t days I was still not so obsessed with it. And was able to sleep with it.

So in fact; I or my brain made it far more a issue of it than it is... guess that I have to tell myself each time and start to believe it.

• Like Like x 1
    2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      You might want to make progress too fast... However the only progress you're gonna make is as fast as your brain allows. So give yourself a break.
      CBT might help to speed up the process (i'm not really convinced about that though).
      Time is your essential assistant and ally. With tinnitus you have to be patient and be prepared for temporary setbacks.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well CBT might not speed it up for everyone. But being a overworried person I need it to have a kickstart in recovery.

Did cbt before with fast results. So hoped for the same now. Now I know I need more time and be patient as my my brain needs also time to get used to T and H.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One thing that might be hard to believe for people who have never had this kind of OCD problem prior to getting T: it's possible to obsess over any physical sensation to the point of severe anxiety and life disruption. Before I had bad problems with T, I had a throat muscle spasm ('globus sensation') for two years, which was literally just as distressing as the T, and several years before that I had some visual problems which were much the same.

The throat tension didn't go away when the ringing got worse, I just stopped thinking about it because my crazy "ahh life is horrible right now because of X" OCD thinking can only target a single thing at once. So, for me, the thinking pattern is definitely much more of a problem than the tinnitus itself is.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ok,

Having a very bad day today.. As you say.. T is realy not the issue.. As I know some people with T that realy don't care about it.

It's the reaction to it, and my reaction to setbacks in life..

6. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Give it more time. We all at some point have made T the central focus in our lives for a short time or long time. To break this grip T has on us usually takes multiple strategies and lots of time. The time part is different for everyone, but hold on-- it will come. In the meantime to get your mind off T even if for a short while, do some things for yourself and others. Get involved in a hobby that you have always wanted to do or looks for meet ups in your area (meetup.com). Volunteer some time with a charity. Try to take a little focus off the T.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I'm making progress to get my focus of the T.. It's more a annoying thing than something that makes me afraid.. The issue now is that I became depressed; the good thing is that yesterday during the session with the psych I realized that I have to deal with other deamons rather than the T and sleep issues. I need to close some things from the past.

So I guess and pray that in the end T will also change my life in a positive way. And maybe even go away.

• Useful Useful x 1