I Made This Video Before Chronic Tinnitus — I Didn't Truly Understand This Condition Back Then

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by AVIYT, Aug 5, 2019.

1. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      Does Modafinil Cause Tinnitus?

I made this video on tinnitus back in June, 2018. My chronic tinnitus most likely started January 1st, 2019. The first time I experienced tinnitus ever, was around November 2017 I'd say when I mixed modafinil with cannabis, and another time was modafinil with alcohol. I never took modafinil more than 2 days in a row, but most often I would take it once every other day or once every few days.

I later realized it probably came from the modafinil, this short tinnitus which ONLY lasted while the drug was still in my system... so I slept it off and felt better in the morning. I reduced my 200mg dose in half, 100mg and felt better from then on. In 2018 I experienced tinnitus probably a few more times, and eventually I stopped taking modafinil and it didn't return....

Until taking Pregabalin.

And this is where my story begins. Because you know what? Even back then, when I actually EXPERIENCED tinnitus.... what's funny is I didn't realize how bad it could actually get. My experience with tinnitus back when I first had it and it disappeared completely, and now when I have it permanently (8 months going now) has completely changed. I made reference to tinnitustalk back in the video, I read some of the reports on here and through other articles... I had a rough idea of how bad it could get, but I didn't think it could get THIS bad. And I'm not exaggerating when the thought of euthanasia has been floating around daily for a very long time.

Even when I experienced it back then? Never would I have thought of suicide and euthanasia. Never.

But that could be also due to another chemical change. Not only permanent tinnitus, but other symptoms as well. Pregabalin is known to trigger such thoughts even in people without tinnitus.

Either way.. I forgot completely I even made this video. I rewatched it and was shocked. I had such a light attitude about it. And that made me realize that no one truly understands it unless they get it chronically too. So many people might get it short-term and be fine. I even blasted music stupidly all the way up until HALFWAY through January. Max volume in many cases.

I think the Pregabalin was the final nail in the coffin. Would I have gotten tinnitus? It's unknown whether it would stay chronic and when. But if I were to get it anyways, I believe I would've had more time to actually live. But Pregabalin shortened it. So now I survive. Anyways, I'm just flabbergasted at the whole ordeal. Crazy.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. TnH

TnH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma and Acoustic Shock
      I hope you find a way to deal with this!

3. Lynny

Lynny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, possibly stress
      You should definitely consider making another (update) video! For one to raise awareness of how serious and debilitating it can be and also for yourself so you can track your progress and hopefully look back to see that you’re slowly getting better.

4. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Pregabalin could be affecting your mindset too. It made me very depressed.