I Need Encouragement

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hil, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      The loud, high-pitched whine and high-pitched morse code tones I hear when the heater or anything with a motor is running...I just need any kind of encouragement to be able to deal with this. Thanks in advance.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds like reactive tinnitus.
      Try stay calm as stress will add to it.....hope you have a better evening....lots of love glynis

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Perhaps some element of hyperacusis too. The positive is that your T is still relatively new. So don't rule out that it can stabilize or subside to a manageable level in the future. The ways to get there can be many. But as glynis says it right, staying calm and positive can avoid stressing out which is bad for T. The best encouragement I can give you is to read up as many success stories as you can. Most of the writers of the success stories including myself had a bad time initially when T was new. But over time and after using some strategies, people do get better. So read up their stories to see if you can learn to apply some of their strategies. Copying success is a good way to speed up your recovery. I write my story and list some strategies which have helped me turn around. Take care & God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

And this is the most read success story by IWLM with a simple strategy:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

• Like Like x 1
    4. Purple Parrot
      Bookworm

Purple Parrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015 - 3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple: anxiety, childhood ear infections, loud music
      Try to do things that are relaxing and enjoyable. A hot bath, a walk in nature, a yoga class. Mindfulness is also a big help in reducing ones reaction to tinnitus.

It is really hard when you first get it because the brain is not accustomed to it and it can be stressful & anxiety inducing. Given time and efforts to practice mindful acceptance /relaxation, it gets a lot easier. Then life goes back to normal.

If you're really struggling I would suggest going to the doctor. Clonazepam was a huge help for me when I was feeling extremely anxious.

• Like Like x 1