I Need Help with My MRI Result

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kate2, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Kate2

Kate2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 09,2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Due to some incidents that happened to me recently I've asked my dr for brain MRI. I kind of push him for it. Finally I've got one.
      I was surprised by the result but my dr was ok with it. Agin i had to push him to refere me to the neurologist. The nerou dr checked on my nerologycal signs and asked me to walk back forth to him. So he told me that it had to be coloration between the imeges and the body symptoms. Which in my case there were none. But the thing that keeps me worrying is the "White Sopts" that were seen in the T2 hyperintensities.

If it's normal then why they are there?

Here is my result and I would appreciate anyone that could help me to understand it. And if anyone of you had a same kind of a result like mine let me know what dr told you.
      Findings:
      Normal Configuration of the intracranial compartment and posterior fossa. There is no hydrocephalus, intracranial mass, hemorrhage, diffusion restriction or significant abnormality demonstrated extracranially. Several nonspecific punctuate FLAIR in distribution. In pationet of this age, these are atypical, and could be
      inflammatory-infections, demyelinating, chronic migraine, vascular, and not completely excluding Vasculitis. Intracranial dominant flow-voids are identified in usual fashion.
      Impression: Tiny scattered frontoparieatal FLAIR hyperintensities are distributed largely peripheral. In a pationet of this age, with this MRI appearance, it could be due to variety of etiologies. Further work up is therefore recommended clinically. Further work up is therefore recommended clinically. Further radiographic work up may include MRI using Gadavist, cervical MRI if indicate, and follow up MRI for stability advised The thing is that I had headache but I don't remember I had migraines.
      So how and why i got this spots I don't understand and how they can be normal.
      If they are nonspecific then why he asked for second MRI? I am 37 years old and based on my age both my dr and the nerou were little surprised but they both dismissed other possibilities that radiyologyst suggested. Beacuse I don't have high blood pressure, I don't smoke or do drugs, no Lyme deaseas and migraines.
      My dr ran many tests for inflammation and ANA test. ESR, C-receptive and many others all came back negative.
      But the MRI result got me anxious and worried specially in the part saying for my age is atypical. I kept googling all the terms on the findings and I keep getting scary results.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Eliot333
      Tired

Eliot333 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music? Antibiotics? Infection? idk
      Could you bring those findings to a better and more experienced person? Or get it redone by a more reluctant and more helpful person, seems you got a doctor that doesn't want to spend time on you.

and bump

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kate2

Kate2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 09,2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi
      Well it's not easy to go from dr to dr. I have to wait for weeks and mounts to see another nerou since they all are fully booked. However, I have apointment to see another nerou dr in this monuth. But this apointment was made two mounths ago.
      I just want to know if anyone ales had the same result. And if yes what did thier dr suggest.
      I don't want to reaper MRI after MRI to see what's going on especially third with contrast.
      I've learned that the MRI contrast does not flash out of the body but it stays in the the system and the brain. Scientists just find out that the contrast can be toxic to human body.
      Honestly after reading about all these new findings I just give up to do MRI with contrast. Unless I know that I Am dealing with life threatening brain disease.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If you decide to get another opinion from another doctor, don't bring the prose (i.e. the analysis from the initial doctor or lab person), bring the actual data (the images). They can put it on a CD for you to take around (or visualize yourself if you feel so inclined).
      My CT Scan came back "clean" (the whole prose said it was all OK), and a few other doctors (from the same medical center) read the prose and told me it was "all clear". But then I went to a famous neurotologist (who was "out of network", which means out of pocket cost - not covered by insurance), and he told me "don't give me the interpretation, give me the data" - and sure enough, he saw what nobody else did (and surgery confirmed his finding).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kate2

Kate2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 09,2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi GregCA
      What did the nerologyist find out? Did you have white spots as well? Did you do MRI with or without contrast?

6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It was a CT scan, not an MRI. It was done without contrast.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kate2

Kate2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 09,2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've called 1-800-fightms line two times and talked to them. My first question to them was does any lession that is find in the brain mean MS? Or MS has its own spot and location? They've told me no not all the lession that are found in the brain means MS and to diagnose MS you should have one lession on spinal cord and another in the brain. They gave me specific area in the brain which I don't remember. But I don't know whom to believe. Dr. Google, MS fight, or my doctors.BI am afraied in this young age I develop demenca and alzimer and not remeber anything when I reach forties.