I Need Some Clarity

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blinkysimon, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Blinkysimon

Blinkysimon Member

I have severe tinnitus that seemed like it was not much of anything at all. Now it's way way worse then ever and I can't live like this. I have another illness this complicates and makes being alive hell. Please give me any real advice to make this better. Living with the noise is not an option due to my other illness

2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Are you sure its not just a spike? For how long has it been severe?

3. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hi @Blinkysimon, it depends a bit on how you got you T as to what kind of help you might seek out, but if you're having a hard time dealing with it, definitely seek out a doctor to help you. An ENT to help see if anything can be done on that front and a psychiatrist to help you get some sleep or deal with anxiety.

I also have other medical issues aside from T, many of us here do, I am so, so sorry you have to deal with both. T was hell for me once, too, truly. It does get better with time. Hang in there, we're here for you.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blinkysimon

Blinkysimon Member

It's been bad for 2 months now. My ENT did an mri and said there's nothing wrong with me structurally. I see 2 therapists for my anxiety already. I'm taking lipo flavanoids. They used to work great! But now the only relief I had was in an extream heat sauna. I'll do anything. I can only sleep if I drink wine. I'm exhausted.

5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Have you tried a hard cardio workout? I have blazing tinnitus and am disabled, unable to work. Spend most of my time in bed. When I'm up I do 30-60 min torturous workout. This is not easy I know, it takes a lot when you are suffering to do this but it cuts the anxiety and helps me sleep. Sometimes I will do up to 90 min, I hate it at the time and lots of days I don't think I can get it done (sometimes I don't) but when I do it helps more than any pill. Try sprints whatever workout you do. Go easy, then blast everything you have for short intervals. This eats up some of the stress and depression. After you are done, take as hot a shower as you can handle, you will be somewhat better off. I know it's simple advise but it's the only thing that helps me. Although I do drink as well. If I don't do this I fall into a pit of deep of depression I can't get out of.

Again it's hard, way harder than taking pills or whatever, but it's worth the effort.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blinkysimon

Blinkysimon Member

Thank you for your feedback. I as well work out as it helps me with the other illness I face. I've found that in general it does help wih the anxity but it actually makes my t spike.