I Officially Have Balance Problems

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Audiophile_bg, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I thought I was doing good with the nasal spray I was given - the tinnitus had subsided, and the fullness had disappeared but now I feel very sudden loss of balance at times, and if I'm not sitting down, I'd fall for sure.

This sucks.

2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      VERTIGO?
      FALSE SENSE OF MOTION?
      DIZZINESS?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      No vertigo, as nothing feels like its spinning, but very sudden dizziness. Like there is no build-up, comes from nowhere and feels like im falling down.

4. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      that's what I have felt since December 2017-January 2018 (still have it ). I have no idea what caused it. Either because of the hearing loss or something else. I read contrast used in MRI is very toxic and I did it.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Aah i didn't know it was toxic. Yes, many medical procedures can make Tinnitus/ear problems worse. Is your tinnitus too loud, have you habituated?

6. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes when I had mild t. I initially had mild tinnitus from September-Jan 14, it was a 7/10 that reduced to a 4/10 and then to a 2/10. Audiogram was PERFECT, but my ENT thought I had brain cancer, acoustic neuroma, blood cancer, cochlear hydrops, thyroid cancer, meniere disease, etc.
      I did the caloric test (ear irrigation) on January 15 and a loud CVEMP 90db for 1 minute, it caused hearing damage (inner hair cells) and my T went from a 2/10 to a 10/10 and then it reduced to a 8/10. I developed hyperacusis in both ears, with right ear being very severe. I lost a good chunk of hearing in both ears as I have mild hearing loss in noisy areas (hidden hearing loss). my T right now is a 8.5/10 and my hyperacusis spikes from mild to moderate in both ears. There are 2 days per week where my T reduces to a 6/10. In January it will be a year with this and its likely to be permanent. I am struggling daily but trying to live life and no I have not habituated. I have so many sounds in my head now, which was not the case before.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I'm so sorry for all of this. Tinnitus, and god forbid Hyperacusis are hell, we deserve treatments! When my T was bad i had two sounds, different for both ears - low in the left ear, and a high pitched electronic sound in the right ear. Absolte hell. I have never had balance issues until now.
      Never had hyperacusis.

8. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Same Same.

9. Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly
      But, that means you don't have T then? I'd honestly take dizzyness over T any day.

When I was working I was constantly looking at a small screen and would lose balance if I worked consecutively without pause. Perhaps you're doing the same as me and letting your head hunch over too much and over time it's caught up to you?

• Like Like x 1