I Only Want to Be Around Fellow Tinnitus Sufferers Lately!

Discussion in 'Support' started by carol kane, Feb 8, 2014.

1. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I don't want anything to do with NORMAL hearing people anymore!! ... they don't get me, and i can feel i'm just a pain in the ass to them!! trying to lower their volume around me, and saying things like OH!! Carol's here don't crack your can too loud, or slam the door!! well F/ off don't do me any favours!!! i'd rather be alone than put up with their stupid loud laughing and screaming at any little thing!!! at least with other T people you could enjoy a nice quiet social time, and not worry that they will make a stupid loud noise and run the risk of a possible very, very long spike ... i just can't be around others like i used to, not that i was a loud person before T i wasn't, but of course their loudness didn't affect my health and well being like it does now!!!

2. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Carol, I agree with you completely. As far as all my friends and family are concerned (apart from two I can trust) everyone thinks I don't have tinnitus anymore. I got so p'd off with all the comments such as, 'why don't you become a bell ringer as you hear them all the time anyway?' and other such stupid hurtful things. I remember trying to take out my white noise generators without anyone seeing me because we were having a meal in a restaurant and I knew I'd be OK with background noise and someone said, 'Ugh!! what are you doing with those disgusting things when we're all eating'. I was so upset as everybody looked at me waiting for an explanation. So....for the past couple of years I only have very close family and 2 friends who I can trust enough not to say anything, I know exactly how you feel.

I wish you well, we'll get there one day and at least we'll be kind to other people because we know what suffering is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Aww!! Bless your little heart ... i'm not so tolerant of stupid comments like that, if someone said that to me i would slap them right across the face, really i would!!! How dare some ignorant little Grrrrrr, make you feel like that, they'll get theirs one day that i'm sure of. Thank you for your reply, and i wish you so much peace and happiness, we'll battle on for now ...

4. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Gee, I can't believe some people can be so insensitive. So far my family and friends have been very supportive. One interesting thing; I met some friends at a restaurant last night. I purposely picked one that I thought wouldn't be too noisy. I arrived first, and the noise level seemed high and really hurt my ears, so I put my earplugs in (just foam ones from the drugstore but they work) and hid them with my hair. After my friends arrived and we started talking, all of a sudden the ambient sounds didn't bother me anymore and I took out the earplugs and was fine the rest of the evening. In fact the sounds of the restaurant masked the T which gave me a bit of relief.

5. meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      If someone say somethibg retarded to you, punch them in the face. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I'd be too scared of a spike, were you ok?

7. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Well it seems a little louder today, but not too bed.

• Like Like x 1
    8. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I mean "bad"! Duh