I Shouldn't Even Have Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by ThreeS, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ThreeS
      Frustrated

ThreeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety Attack
      I'm totally baffled as to why I have it. I heard mine after an anxiety attack, I haven't had any anxiety attacks before in my life. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I eat relatively healthy, and I've been pretty cautious of protecting my hearing! I went to the ENT a couple weeks ago and everything checked out fine, my hearing is actually better than average for someone in their mid-20s!

Oddly enough I've had moments of silence as well, the longest one being when the therapist I saw told me I might not actually have it, gone for four hours! I can't even mask mine at night even though its mild now, it only seems to quiet down when theres many types of different noise in the background. (White noise, crickets, rain, etc, doesn't work)

2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      You didn't mention sex. If you have had limited sex in your life than your cumulative anxiety is higher throughout your life which has contributed to your tinnitus. ;)

Only...I am kidding but partly. To me reading this board, it seems like its a whose who of anxiety ridden members with boarderline OCD if not certifiable OCD. This particular brain chemistry seems prone toward tinnitus...because of the effect of stress hormones on your limbic system. This is my hypothesis only. I also speak from experience as well as I have lived a very healthy lifestyle but have contended with anxiety at different times of my life as well. Just came in from my club ride on the bike which was a hammerfest. I am fit, have had great hearing until one day T and H made a house call and haven't left.

I believe not uncommon. T is quite complex and can come from many sources but genetics and predisposition toward anxiety are big IMHO.

3. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      No one should have T.

• Agree Agree x 8
    4. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Egg and Chicken...T or OCD...which was first......probably OCD. If u start thinking about eggs and chickens for too long time lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      before I even didn't know about tinnitus.and know have it 24/7