I Want My Life Back

Discussion in 'Support' started by Craggy 65, Apr 27, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      I've had this noise in my ears for six weeks now and feel I need to take control of my world, and do everything I used to enjoy, I'm back on my bike today in the countryside. I have an appointment with a hearing councilor on Wednesday, so looking forward to some guidance. I'm taking zimovane at night, but worried about dependence, I am not going to take anymore diazepams. Also on an antidepressant at night. Any advice would be welcome, regards

2. Max_fcktr
      Crappy

Max_fcktr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      if u sure about cause of T. U can try one week on high prednisone, also take vitamin B complex, a, e and C vitamins. U can try hyperbaric oxygenation too, but only if u sure about your cause, but better fo u if u will do it all - do not think about hope for cure, and just waitin and live

3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Nortriptyline can reduce tinnitus by 10db which is a massive reduction, so try that instead. I hope that helps and I wish you well mate.

4. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Hi,thank you both for the advice,I'm already on Amtriptyline,would it be a good idea to not take zimovane at night,and try to get to sleep?i understand nortriptyline is similar to Amtriptyline .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Have to be careful with Nortripyline one of the side effects is tinnitus .
      Gabapentin and a small dose of Clonezepam .5 mg nightly has been mentioned here as helpful.