If You Can't Hear... Sound Still Hitting Ear Cells?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sean, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      Hi All,

I have to be near grinding machines which produces low frequency sounds around 80-90 DB. .When i wear plugs it doesnt seem loud at all, but i was near machines yesterday and today i have spike.
      I know some of you might say sound travels through skulls, but bones proves 40db attenuation and most of what we hear is through ear canal and 90 DB is not too loud
      I am thinking if i dont think its loud since i am wearing 32 db plugs..why would i get spike?
      Any idea?

Thanks

2. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Spikes can be because of so many things. Your nervous reaction towards it may be one of these.

Saying that, my T has got worse since last Sunday for no reason! Hoping its a spike too.

Just stay positive and in sure it will to back down, you're doing the right thing wearing ear plugs, but I doubt 80-90db would cause much damage unless it's longer term exposure. I think the rule is, 85db for 8 hours or something.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      thanks Greg and i was wearing ear plugs..doesnt make sense.

4. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Could just be you were thinking too much about "could I be worsening my t" that you tricked your brain into making it worse if that makes sense? I'm sure it will go down.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      No I didn't even think of T getting louder, it was just loud .
      I have had minor loud sound exposures before and it rings almost like this . Let's see how T behaves tomorrow.