If You Have Habituated to Unmaskable Tinnitus, Can You Go Over Some of Your Breakthrough Moments?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Dec 23, 2019.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I know habituation takes time and may not be linear for everyone but I would like to know the process of how some people habituated. For example, did something happen at 3 months in or 6 months in that caused a breakthrough? For example, some kind of positive thinking, a supplement you took, medication, did it come out of nowhere, etc.?

Have there been several stages of habituation breakthroughs that you have had? For example, did you get to the point where it didn't bother you and then later you got to the point where you didn't notice it much?

Thanks for any insight you can give. :)

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What do you mean by "habituation"?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I mean when it doesn't cause you anxiety, depression, stress, or any negative emotions.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      @JasonP how are you doing? I have the same questions.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      For the most part of the past year and a half, I haven't been suffering from tinnitus. Right now I am only recalling around 7 days or so that were really bad in the past year and a half. I had a bad episode a few weeks ago and I'm not sure what happened but I started to feel really weird and started focusing on my tinnitus. It could have been due to a few things. I had been taking Vitamin D3 for a few weeks, and I also watched some movies late at night on TV for two nights in a row. Now, that sounds ridiculous right? Except for some reason I seem to be sensitive to light. I think it is due to dysautonomia. I usually put on blue blocking glasses which can help me calm down but I didn't those two nights. Anyways, it lasted for about 3 or 4 days and then I got better. I think my problem with tinnitus can be exacerbated due to other physical issues that I have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      @JasonP Wow that is great Jason, except I’m sorry about your other physical issues. I have come across some of your early posts and it seems you were really struggling. So that is amazing you have come so far with tinnitus. Gives me hope. Thank you!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thank you... I can definitely tell you that I have not been suffering from my tinnitus nearly as bad as I was years ago. I have had less severe depressive episodes after coming off the Klonopin but unfortunately I have had to deal with other issues. If you are suffering with depression and anxiety, I would actually recommend getting some of your hormone levels checked just to make sure that isn't causing your depression or anxiety and maybe your vitamin D levels. I hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1