If Your Tinnitus Started Loud, and Eventually Tapered Out to a Slight White Noise...

Discussion in 'Support' started by grotulon, Apr 9, 2017.

1. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That is very low, and only a ring that I have to plug my ears to hear, after being up for a while. Are the chances of it getting worse lowered? I'm at month 2 and 4 days, and since its first onset it has gone from a 5/10 ring to a 1-2/10 white noise that used to be a 4/10 white noise.

I am wondering, if hearing damage caused this, how come it improved? I know I did not habituate because the tone is deff not the same, and I did have a spike, but the spike was not a ringing, more of a white noise.

2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Even if you had habituated you would still be able to tune into it and feel it's full potency if you wanted to, so it seems like it had definitely lowered from your account, which is entirely possible, one of my tones fluctuates a lot...why? Nobody knows...keep ears safe and go and enjoy your life...you are very lucky! x

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah, Maybe it's just wax now.. I got it after pushing a paper towel into my ear and hitting the drum a few times, it started off as this hollowish mechanic sound and turned into a deep ring after a day, and it slowly went down the entirety of last month. The hollow sound came back during my 4 day spike, which I think was caused by my doctor pushing wax into my ear (felt full after he used the scope)

4. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      My t has always been a soft white noise, never had the classic eeeee
      Noise, except for fleeting t.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So since 2012 it's been like that? I find it only gets annoying if i've been up 20+ hours. it doesnt become a ring, but harsher and if i plug my ears after a while theres a low low ring only audible if ears are plugged..

So yours hasn't gotten worse since 2012?

6. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Yeah its been pretty much the same since then.

7. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I think that for noise damaged T the high frequencies are hit so the classic sound is more like a high pitched hiss or white noise that's what I get or crickets

8. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Yep this is is the result of all those concerts i went to and ear phones probably didn't help either. Someone described their t as a fire alarm, what could of caused that type??

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does yours get worse the longer you are up? Mine does, it's annoying but livable, if I was tld i'd have this for the rest of my life, i'd be.. happy? it's the not knowing if it will get worse that scares me

10. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I think if i get really tired it does seem a bit more intense, then its back to normal the next day.