I'm Going to a 4 Week Tinnitus Treatment Camp Soon. Will Share My Experiences.

Discussion in 'Support' started by meeruf, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Have myself been wondering how Meeruf was .Ive been looking out for his posting since going to camp ,as said he'd be back to tell us ,good or not ,what he's learnt .

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Come to think of it....we haven't heard from him since he posted that the "Dancers" have finally showed up...:LOL:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      A little update:

Sorry for not coming back in a while. I have been very busy with my work and my hobby. I quit my job and got a new one. I have started in the new job, but I have to work out my contract in my old job too. So, right now I have two jobs. I also went on a trip to Iceland and West-Coast Norway (Ålesund).

About the tinnitus camp:
      A lot of stuff have changed since I left the camp in August. I got a new job, I got rid of the weird pain I had in my body, I learned some new stuff about tinnitus and most important, I got a brake from 'normal life'. It was really nice to get a brake from 'normal' life and see stuff that needed to be changed. I understood that I needed a new job and now I have a new job that is much better for me.

In February I actually go to North-Norway to visit one off the attendees. All the way up to 'Finnmark', over the arctic circle. Hope to see some northern lights. She is actually a "same". The English word is "laplanders". The arctic indigenous people. :) They have their own language and lives in Norway, Sweden and Finland.

There is a second stay there now in January. A follow-up. Unfortunately I can't attend because of my new job. I was afraid that if I told in the interview that I had to be on sick leave for 3 weeks in January I would not get the job, and I really wanted it. I didn't even tell them I have tinnitus. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3