I'm New and I Have Tinnitus and I'm Sick of It

JimC57

Author
Feb 26, 2015
Tinnitus Since
06/1995
Hi, my name is Jim and I have had tinnitus for a very long time. It keeps awake at night sometimes, I also lose my balance easily. Im getting tired of it.

Welcome Jim--I'm so sorry that you've dealt with tinnitus for so long. I think you will find support here and many good suggestions. I'm only in my 16th month so I don't have your experience but I do have moderate to severe tinnitus and am now able to live a mostly normal life. The members here helped me through the worst of it and supported me even when I was so down that I couldn't even think about looking up. I also have trouble sleeping some nights but at first I had trouble sleeping every night--so it's a definite improvement. Have you tried an iPod with an audiobook at bedtime? It lulls me right to sleep. I also do relaxation exercises--something I thought was New Agey until I went through CBT and found out what a wonderful tool it is. I don't have a balance problem- so I am lucky that way. You might want to read threads by @I who love music --about measuring our reaction to tinnitus rather than measuring the tinnitus sound.

Anyway...I'm happy you found your way here... :)

Hi, my name is Jim and I have had tinnitus for a very long time. It keeps awake at night sometimes, I also lose my balance easily. Im getting tired of it.

Hey Jim,
Welcome.
I had Tinnitus for over 40 years. Last year I got tired of mine and came here to the forum. I learned a neat exercise, or method, that's knocked out 99% of my tinnitus, after all these years.
It's easy.
You simply tell yourself how you feel when the T is intrusive.
That's it.
Mine dissappeared. It took a few months but the positive results started within a week or two.

Welcome Jim,

I think we're all sick of it, but seem to carry on. I'm only 10 months in, so I'm a newbie. My whole family has it for various reasons, but they all live normal lives. They have 30 plus years in and it's become a non-issue for them. I'm hoping things will eventually get better for you. (and me!)

I've found friends here on TT and lots of caring and generous people. They have helped me considerably over the last few months. So, you're not alone. We're all in the same club.

Tell us a little more about yourself.

God Bless!

Sailboardman

Welcome, Jim. You are at the right place here. We have members old and new and mild & severe. There are many people who can give you some good advice. If you have it for so long without help from a support forum and yet life has gone on in sanity, give yourself a lot of credit. Perhaps some members can learn from you how you cope all these years. There are many success stories here to help you. IWLM's success story post and his method is easy to follow. Give it a try. I also wrote my success story as well as many others. There are many roads to Rome. Try to learn some insights from people and post or rant about your frustrations at times. Hope you find the site very helpful. Take care and God bless.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now