I'm So Glad I Found This Group — Tinnitus & Headaches Since February

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brenda Klein, May 19, 2020.

1. Brenda Klein
      Fine

Brenda Klein Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know yet
      Hello, I've been dealing with tinnitus since Feb. This is new to me. I went through anal cancer almost two years ago. Now tinnitus... I've been to my ENT Dr. I've had two hearing tests. Now scheduled for CT scan in a week.

My tinnitus comes and goes. I've had it all day today.

I also get headache on one side of my head behind my right ear. It comes and goes as well. Does anyone else get these headaches?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Tavia R

Tavia R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with condition
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with condition-recently diagnosed/treated for migraines
      Hi Brenda,

Yes I get headaches a lot as a chronic migraine sufferer.

One thing I've noticed the past week as my migraines have been just off the walls (we cannot get them under control no matter what we try) is when my migraines will give me bouts of whooshing sensations in the head that cause me to be off balanced that these are always correlated with tinnitus oscillations. My head goes whoosh and my balance goes off and the tinnitus pulses right on cue with it. Weird, right?

I'm going to ask my neurologist on my next follow up if migraines and tinnitus are at all related, that they know of I mean because obviously they have to be this kind of crap just doesn't happen. I've only seen this particular doctor once though and we had bigger problems to talk about than the screeching in my head so we've never discussed the tinnitus.

But if you get on something for headaches don't do amitriptyline if you have hyperacusis. There's threads on it you can read.

3. LindaS

LindaS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sensorineural hearing loss
      Hello Brenda

I'm pretty new to tinnitus and hyperacusis (about 6 weeks) so I don't feel qualified to really say too much at this point except to say that I have had a number of headaches since the onset. I will speak to my ENT about it.

So for now, I will just say...... WELCOME BRENDA. :welcomesignanimation:

You will find that there are a lot of great people on this site. We are all in this together. You are not alone.

:huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    4. LindaS

LindaS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sensorineural hearing loss
      Hello @Brenda Klein

Just wondering how you were doing? How did your CT scan go?