I'm So Scared I'd Rather Die!

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Shadgirl, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Shadgirl
      Wishful

Shadgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 or 3 mounths ago
      Hi. Sorry. I'm sure this is the wrong place for this but I'm so scared I don't know where to turn! Iv been struggling with mild T and sinus presser for months now. My Dr told me yesterday to take Flonasi Naisol Spray and Sudifed to clear it up. She found liquid in my ears that she wants gone. But both times that I took the spray it made my T allot worse! The second time still doesn't seem to have changed and I'm scared to death! The first time it happened I took the Sudifed and that quieted it down allot. But when I try ed it this time it did nothing! I used to take that spray before I got tinnitus and nothing ever happened but this is different! Have you ever heard of this before and will it ever quiet back down? What do I do about all of this!? :cry:

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      It's hard to be specific in this situation (without knowing a lot more about your case), but I do have a few general suggestions. First, sit down and try to catch your breath. You are uncomfortable and frightened, but you wouldn't "rather die," - so please do not couch it in those terms. Second, please realize that even after two or three months, much of the time tinnitus just seems to settle down on its own. Sites like this one are filled with folks for whom that was not so - but I hope you will keep in mind that for the many whose tinnitus does seem to quiet down, there is no reason to hang out on tinnitus boards. Third, you refer to having seen your doctor, but given that you have had tinnitus for more than six to eight weeks, you should arrange to have a thorough ENT and audiological evaluation. Perhaps your regular doctor has overlooked something that might lead to a simple fix. And while all that is going on, you might consider beginning to work on identifying and eliminating your barriers to habituation. See: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/overcoming-obstacles-to-habituation.6886/ in that regard. Couldn't hurt!

All the best -

stephen nagler

• Like Like x 2