Inhaled Glutathione for ETD and Glue Ear

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Lukee, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I’m wondering if anyone here has ever tried inhaled Glutathione for treating ETD or glue ear. It has become a pretty common alternative treatment for asthma and COPD over the last few years. Most evidence is anecdotal but I know for sure that there are people with asthma and emphysema who have benefited from the treatment. I found it interesting while reading some studies pertaining to asthma that the same procedure was being used for otitis media (glue ear). There are a few publications that suggest pretty good efficacy for treating ETD and glue ear over a short period of time.

See one such study:

Management of chronic otitis media with effusion: the role of glutathione

I’m going to try and book some sessions to see if my ears feel any better. Worst case is hopefully it helps my asthma.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. mohn

mohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This looks like a non-invasive approach to cure ETD... Did this provide relief for you? Are there OTC inhalers?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There are no OTC inhalers. You need to mix Glutathione with saline and use a nebulizer. You can buy a simple nebulizer for $100 on Amazon.

I haven’t gone a full week yet but I think I am seeing some improvement. I think treatment is supposed to be two weeks but I’m willing to do it as long as I need to as long as I know it works. I have been using it for 5 minutes, three or four times a day. Very simple. I’ll update as I use it more.

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Asthma can be linked to mycoplasma and/or chlamydia pneumoniae infection.

Mediated by mast cell activation = excess histamine.

I'm on a product called ICC by Panaxea, which helps with histamine excess, along with TCM for the infection.

Glutathione could be helpful, but if you have a Vitamin B6 deficiency (or B methylation defects), there's a chance you'll convert Glutathione unto Glutanic acid (which is not what you want, according to my naturopath.)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Deb,

You are absolutely correct about the asthma and CP or mycoplasma. I tested positive for CP a while back and it seems to be a chronic infection that could be causing the asthma/COPD. It could also be a couple other things like LPR or low AAT levels.

In regards to Vitamin B6 deficiency causing Glutathione to Glutanic acid, I wasn’t aware of that. I will definitely have to look into this as B deficiency and methylation problems are common with MTHFR gene. So far after several months of oral and a week of nebulized, I haven’t had any adverse reaction which I guess is a good thing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I've read that nebulized glutathione is a helpful adjunctive therapy for COVID-19. The reason being is that apparently a lot of the damage caused by COVID-19 is because of the super high amount of free radicals the virus creates. Glutathione is a super effective free radical scavanger.