Inner Ear Twitch — High-Pitched

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rafaa, May 13, 2018.

1. Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows? I have Patulous ET and ETD + Other things
      I hear the sound of a twitch in my ear, like something moves because of irritation. Sounds like "twi twi" lasts a couple of seconds. Then when the ears ring it's the same sound but constant.

I have a faulty eustachian tube on that side, makes creaking noises when I bend over and bubbling when I stand back up. Crackling when swallowing, pressure in head when in the subway etc.

This is the same thing that is ringing. I'm not sure if it's a nerve or the cochlea etc.

Anyone heard of this or have it too?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I should add the twitch sound worsens when I used headphones which I have stopped now. Also when using headphones there is a wet feeling in the ear.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I haven't the slightest clue how to find out what is twitching. If its a nerve, maybe theres some medication for it.

Anyone know who I should seek out , for example how to find an ear and tinnitus expert? ENT?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If anyone on the internet stumbles upon this thread and knows what this is or has it too, please sign up and post a reply.

I feel alone , the tinnitus is bad enough but I could deal with it and be so much happier if it was just that and not these high pitched twitches / spasms in my inner ear. Ive had some middle ear tensor tympani spasms and those sound like drum sounds, this is like a twitch high pitched the same frequency as my tinnitus.

If anyone on TT might have an idea what it could be, or what I could try to relieve it please do reply.

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
    6. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I really hope this goes away. I have a mild version of this problem and it got more noticeable when I had a cold.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you have it high pitched or like a thump? I dont think its this because I have the thump sound and it doesn't sound like this high pitched twitch.

I have patulous eustachian tube so mucus gets stuck in my middle ear frequently/ every few weeks. Its currently blocked up right now, wonder if this is constantly irritating something in my ear.

8. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      no, can a ENT help you resolve the problem?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      doubt they will know, but seeing one soon. Maybe a neurologist may know, hopefully there is a diagnostic test to try to see or measure the twitches.

There is nothing on the entire internet on this.