Intense Pressure in My Head

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chad Fahlberg, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Chad Fahlberg

Chad Fahlberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Traumatic Injury
      Merry Christmas from Texas. I am new to the forum, but not new to Tinnitus.

My tinnitus started in 2006. I was in Tibet - of all places - at a monastery when I walked by a short communications tower. I walked right through an intense signal that knocked me to the ground. With no idea what had just happened, I went and sat down with my head feeling like it was going to explode. I have never been the same since.

I have learned to deal with the intense noise, but I am now joining this forum to ask if others are dealing with intense pressure in their head. The pressure has become unbearable for me. It is relentless, and the thought that everyday for the rest of my life is going to feel like this is almost unbearable. The pressure is on both sides of my head - behind and above the ears. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like I have hat on my head that is too small - except the pressure is coming from the inside.

I have been to multiple doctors, UT SouthWestern - the best medical center in North Texas - and the only answer they had was hearing aids. I don’t need hearing aids. I need help with this constant pressure.

Heading for another round of EEG and MRI, but I have really lost hope that they will find anything to help.

Anyone else out there have any experience with this. Please share.

Depressed on Christmas.

Chad

2. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Sooooo sorry to hear you’ve dealt with this for so long! The head pressure sounds horrible. Have you ever had a spinal tap or had medications to lower head pressure? Does anything relieve it at all?

Did your eardrums burst at your initial noise exposure?

If it’s not due to high ICP then could it be tension related, have you tried things like acupuncture or specialized massage?

I hope this eases for you, sounds agonizing to deal with especially on top of the tinnitus :cry:

3. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      @Chad Fahlberg what does your audiogram look like? Do you have any other symptoms? You are saying you are going to another round of EEG and MRI. Does that mean you already went once and the MRI showed nothing that could be the cause of head pressure and tinnitus?

• Good Question Good Question x 1