Intermittent Ringing, OK 1 for Day, Ringing the Next

Discussion in 'Support' started by jon w, Sep 10, 2015.

1. jon w

jon w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1yr
      my right ear has been getting tinnitus occasionally for 2more than a year. But now its getting worse like every other day. It will clear itself somedays, then next day it will come back. I can only suspect that the middle ear has wax build up, that wont come out. Im pretty sure its not the outer ear that has wax. Ive been trying to treat it with gingko biloba, but its not very effective. I do have one important question or observation, I always get the tinnitus after a nights sleep. It seems also that when sleeping more on my left side, that I have more trouble. If is stayed on my feet forever when my ear is clear, then you'd think it would never give me a problem. why would this be? thanks jon w

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Jon,
      Tinnitus for lots of people comes and goes on and off through out the week and is a normal tinnitus pattern.
      After a night sleep tinnitus seems louder until natural sounds of the day take over in helping mask the tinnitus and keeping busy so you dont notice it.
      As we settle down for the evening we might notice it more or during spikes.....lots of love glynis

3. Fleegle
      Doubtful

Fleegle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Only just saw your comment.
      Jon - I am with you. Same for me. I have no explanation for it and I wish that I knew why because then I could promote the things that make it better and avoid the things that make it worse.
      Sorry that my comment can't possibly make anyone feel better, except that maybe this message of love and support to you for feeling what you are feeling (as well as the frustration and (perhaps) despair) helps you know that you have someone in your corner.
      Cheers

4. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      How is it possible that there is no science behind good and bad days? Wouldn't it be interesting to do a brain scan a good day and repeat it during a spike?

• Good Question Good Question x 1