Intro and Success Story? And First ENT Appointment

Discussion in 'Support' started by danimadss, Jun 6, 2017.

1. danimadss

danimadss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise
      Hey yall.
      So I've had tinnitus before when I would hear ringing in my ears due to unknown causes and then it would stop immediately after several seconds. No big deal.

Well on the night of January 27th, I went out to the club to celebrate a friend's birthday. Went to sleep and was fine and then the next morning, woke up with a very annoying high pitched sound. Lasted way longer than it ever has. Texted my aunt and told her what happened and she said it would go away in a couple days, don't worry.

Well she was right. It did go away after a couple days. Whew. Now here it is April 13th and I went to a concert AND a club right after. Soon as I left the club, heard rining in my ears. Lasted alllll night. Well the next morning, once again, it went away.

Yay. Three days later, on April 16th, the day after my 25th birthday, in the middle of the night, I was awaken by a noise I had thought was coming from the A/C. I went into another room and still heard it. Thought that it was coming from the tv. Couldn't sleep at all.

I continued to hear this noise. Finally I knew it was coming from my head. Now this T wasn't the same pitch or loudness I would hear when I experience it for a brief second. This was different. And it felt like it was coming from my brain not my ears. It wasn't too loud but very noticeable and I ultimately had to be prescribed Xanax to help my anxiety and help me sleep.

For the next month, this friend was with me. It would change tones and switch from a hissing sound to a morse code like sound. I could easily mask the sound with a diffuser at night and didn't even notice it at work. (I am a server in a restaurant). I began to only hear it when I would cup my ears. This lasted until the night of May 18th. That night, I didn't take my Xanax and when I woke up, the T was gone. Thank you Jesus. I didn't even need to take my Xanax anymore. The T and my anxiety was gone.

Well on May 24th, my allergies became really bad. My throat was hurting, I had a very stuffy nose and I began to hear a "crackling" like sound only in my right ear. Then that same ear felt full, like I needed to pop it. ETD? Idk. Well whenever I would try to pop that ear, I heard a ringing in it. But that's the only time I heard it again. Well I tried to wait it out and see if it would clear up on its own. My allergies seemed to calm down and my ear feels better but I still have a little of that fullness in it.

Anyways, I made my very first ENT appointment and it's tomorrow. I'm not really sure what to tell the doctor.

My main concern is this fullness in my ear. It will be almost 3 weeks now since my T has left. My ears are, and have always been sensitive. Just now even more so. I'm not really sure what to tell the ENT.

Should I just be concerned with my sinuses? Should I even mention my T since it is gone? Should I still have a hearing test? What do I do.

Thanks for reading all this.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi danimadss ! Welcome to Tinnitus talk! Glad you are seeing an ENT tomorrow. I think you should mention the tinnitus and you should have your hearing tested. Please let us know what you find out.
      You might want to avoid those loud clubs in the future.

3. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Also a reminder, be grateful that it left.

Really.

Give your ears some rest the next 6 months, no clubbing etc and stay away from headphones.