Introducing Again... What Works for Me.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CricketsGalore, Apr 8, 2018.

1. CricketsGalore
      Overworked

CricketsGalore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged sinus problems/allergies
      Hi there, fellow sufferers! I am new to posting but have been lurking here since this hell started in January. First off, I feel so much sympathy in my heart for those who have had this for years. I can't imagine it. Mine started after almost a full year of sinus gumbo... woke up one night with my nostrils shut tight, went the nasal spray route, got addicted, got un-addicted mostly.. heh. Very diluted now. Went to naturopath (NAC, get off diary and wheat, no eggs for you!), then to ENT (just pushed drugs - Cipro and PREDISONE - awful, but WOW, I got alot done), then acupuncturist who specializes in allergies who helped me the most - said I had "Leaky gut" and treated me for that and sinus. Got LOTS better after about 8 treatments, but... just before my very last treatment, this siren in my ears started. I think it's from so much (sorry) phlegm that was in my passages for so long... maybe the little hairs in there got coated with mucus? Don't know, but I STILL have mucus and allergies to something, no idea what, and I never had allergies in my life to ANYthing before this all happened, which is consistent with the leaky gut thing. So I am getting much better on that score, but now THIS. It's mostly in my right ear, which makes sense because the right sinus was always much worse than the left. I've been through the panic stage, the suicidal stage, the research till 3am stage, and have tried:

• Apple cider vinegar - did bad things to my teeth so I had to stop drinking it

• VERY diluted apple cider vinegar placed right into my eustachian tube with a dropper - weee! Good morning! But it really clears out lots of mucus. I do it when I'm desperate. If anyone tries it - it is a FEW DROPS to a 2 oz. bottle of DISTILLED water. DO NOT use tap water!! If you don't feel anything, gradually add one drop at a time. It DOES clear mucus out of the tubes. And how.

• Neti pot = do-it-yourself waterboarding. No.

I've read volumes and I have arrived at the following, regarding my particular T:

• I believe it IS cureable. Don't believe anyone who tells you it isn't - they just have not diagnosed the real problem.

• I read that tinnitus is a symptom of "Liver Yang Rising" in Chinese Medicine, and the symptoms and description fit me to a T, so I am using 2 formulas I found at ActiveHerb (no affiliation) and they do really seem to help. I ran out for a week and the TIN got worse, and got quieter when I started taking them again. I take ALOT - 8 tablets with every meal. They are very affordable.

• I notice that when I am very relaxed and with people I love, having a good time, it goes away. Sometimes totally and sometimes so faint that I have to really search for it. It's high, up around 10,000Htz. So I do really believe that emotions play a huge role in this.

SLEEP PHONES!!! They saved my life. I got a recording of crickets and bumped the pitch up to match my tin-tone in an audio software program (Audacity - it's free to download if you can use it to make your own masking sounds), and put a waterfall sound with it, and sleep with that on, using these:

https://www.sleepphones.com/

If you get them, I'd advise that you get the flat little speakers that are in there in the perfect position and then safety-pin them into place - they can shift around when you move in your sleep. Also measure your head and make sure you get the right size. THe "normal" size was too big and they slipped all over the place. But they are WONDERFUL. They saved me.

Sorry so long… but I hope someone will be helped by this, and I hope I don't disappear from here again, mysteriously. I have gotten a lot of helpful ideas from this forum while I lurked, so I wanted to share what I have experienced in the hopes that it helps someone else.

Take hope - Everything has a cause and a cure.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. nicole m

nicole m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 20, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Air Pressure? Smoking and Vaping?
      Following!! I've been trying your advice on a couple tspns of ACV into boiling water and steaming my sinuses.. I can totally feel fluids /mucous leaking about. And in the day time my tinnitus is very faint.
      I'm grateful to you for hours of calmness and focus I won't take for granted.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CricketsGalore
      Overworked

CricketsGalore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged sinus problems/allergies
      Oh, that's wonderful, Nicole! So happy to hear this. It always pulled the mucus right out of me almost instantly! I ended up using 50% ACV and 50% water but it's good to work your way up to that. Hope you continue to heal!