Introducing My New Book "Living With Tinnitus"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cheza, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Cheza - just to explain myself a little better;
      I don’t measure, monitor, describe or compare.

What I do is - at the start of my meditation session each morning, I actively listen to my tinnitus, for a few seconds, until my ‘tummy breathing’ and my deep relaxation takes me away.

To me it represents:

Exposure
      Acceptance
      Relaxation

EAR - for short.

Jazzer

2. TinaB
      Amused

TinaB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age-related hearing loss
      Thanks SO much for clarifying, Cheza. It was easy peasy to do and now I have a great resource to refer to.:)

3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      So how is your book selling? I was just curious. :) A friend of mine told me she knew someone who had tinnitus and if I had any advice. I told her about your book and I think he downloaded it. Thanks for writing it! :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Sales are kind of poking along. I don't do any marketing and so have to rely on good reviews, which is a slow process.

Thanks for passing the word about the book, much appreciated! I hope your friend's friend gets some benefit from it, meaning a real improvement in his tinnitus. It's a long process. I'm at my 4-year anniversary and having more and more mild days, but it took some real effort on my part not to get discouraged along the way.

The effort even creeps into my dreams. Last night I dreamed I was describing my tinnitus to a couple people, and then I stopped myself and said, "Not supposed to describe it!" That's from Terry's "Back to Silence" method. So I guess by now it's really ingrained into my subconscious to give the tinnitus as little attention as possible, even though it isn't easy. And I know from past experience that when tinnitus is severe, it's almost impossible.

Thanks again, and best wishes to the fellow with tinnitus. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    5. Maureen777

Maureen777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music w earbuds & recent ear irrigation
      I love your book. I've been reading some of it almost every day when I go to the coffee shop. I laughed at your comment above regarding describing the tinnitus! That was funny. Lol (I just read the "Back to Silence" part in the book last week). I also recommended your book to my son-in-law, as he has tinnitus too.
      Thanks for writing this book. Take care :)

6. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
    7. Henry Orlando FL
      Balanced

Henry Orlando FL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound via earbuds from a digital device.
      Bought the book via Kindle. I have read several books on tinnitus in the past. Read a lot of stuff as well over the years on tinnitus online and via ATA.

By far this is the most comprehensive book I have seen. I have learned a lot about options for addressing tinnitus I had not read about before in the book with tons of neat links. Wish I had this resource when I was a newbie, but I say with a smile, it is helping me now.

Thanks for doing the work Laura. I am sure you are making a huge difference with this book. I had not noticed it on Amazon but saw it here on this post so bought it. So this website made the difference.

• Like Like x 1
    8. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      This book was so comprehensive with a neat assortment of references and links! I can't imagine the hours that went into writing this!

9. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      @Cheza I bought your book!! :thankyousign: SO MUCH informational content!

10. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Congrats on your book. I am sure it will be a great help to many people. I find my own tinnitus is a daily mental battle with myself which I find I am winning most days though I do have my moments.

11. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Well done on the book, I’ve purchased for Kindle @Cheza. Very comprehensive, wish I had something like that when I first got it. Was so overwhelmed by all the info out there...

• Like Like x 1
    12. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey Laura, I was just curious how many copies you have sold so far? :) I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. Also, since writing this book, have you thought of anything you wanted to add to it since it was first published? Will there be any new versions in the future? :)

13. MarW

MarW Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 23, 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Within 24 hours of the Pfizer Covid vaccine
      Hi everyone,

I am sure you are hearing about the onset of sudden tinnitus from the COVID-19 vaccine.

I had this happen within 24 hours of receiving the first COVID-19 vaccine on 1/22/2021. I thought I was crazy. I had never heard of tinnitus. I thought I was alone and visited my doctor and ENT and all my textbook tests were negative. I was told I had to deal with it and that there was no cure.

I kept searching the internet everyday and I found a small article about J & J reporting 5 cases of tinnitus on Drug Discovery and Development by Brian Buntz on March 11th. People started writing in to this article and the stories were just like mine!

I then found Laura Cole's book Living with Tinnitus and it helped me so much!

I have been recommending her book as everyone is being told there is no cure and we have to live with it.

Thanks,
      Marlene

• Like Like x 1
    14. Simon85

Simon85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise exposure, but unknown.
      Purchased for Kindle! Good work on writing this book. Glad this thread got bumped up.