Introducing Myself to the Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tmerc08, Dec 27, 2015.

1. tmerc08

tmerc08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      could be a number of events
      I have had t for many years after a back injury , its comes in spikes for me and I have tried many things to get control of it most of what I have tried has failed or just work temporally, I would be open to here some new ideas as my t is the high frequency type.....

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the Tinnitus Talk forums and im sure you will get lots of answeres to your questions ....lots of love glynis

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT. I don't know if you have tried supplements or diet change for controlling the severity of your spikes. If you haven't, members here often recommend some good supplements, such as NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3, etc., and reduce intake of salt, sugar, MSG, caffeine, alcohol etc. You may also want to help yourself to get more sleep. Sleep deprivation is one sure way to fire up T. Get some bed time masking such as a sound machine or a sound pillow etc., so you can fall asleep better. Instead of sleep meds from the doctor, you can try natural alternatives such as Camomile tea, Hops, Valerian tablets, Melatonin etc. Check out this site on using natural herbs for sleep problem:

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...alth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

Relaxation and keeping anxiety at bay are ways to help calm to hyperactive neurons which cause the spikes. You may want to try mindfulness meditation to help relax the nerves. Google the term or search youtube if you don't know what it is.

Like you, I have high pitched T, in fact ultra high pitched like the dentist drill with 10 times the pitch intensity. The pitch is so high that I could hear it above the jet noise in my last 3 flights, and above the raging rapids in the salmon river I fish. Although I can't lower the spikes, I use mental imagery technique to help me deal with the spikes. For brevity, I provide the link to my success story where I listed more important points to help me turn around. Take care & God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/