Introduction — I Have Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by annV, Oct 17, 2017.

1. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Hi,

I'm annV and my tinnitus is pulsing at a 10. I hear many sounds but they all beat along with my heart. I have been to an expert at Medical College of Virginia who explained it all clearly. There is no cure. But, hearing aids have to fit airtight. Expensive hearing aids are made to mask the sounds I am hearing.

I have pulsatile tinnitus. I also have vocal cord dysfunction and hearing loss. Communication is possible but not all of the time. I don't want to feel alone in what I am experiencing. There is more and I will share it another time.

I am happy to be a part of your group and look forward to learning all that I can. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. We do have a separate support forum for pulsatile tinnitus. You can post your condition there so others more experienced with PT can help advise you. Our resident expert on PT is @Karen. I hope she has time to give you some advise here. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Welcome to the Forum! You are most definitely not alone anymore in what you're experiencing. There are people here that can definitely relate to your specific type of Tinnitus and other issues. We're happy to have you with us!

4. Kibakiru
      Creative

Kibakiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 28 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown | PT: Unknown
      Tinnitus is certainly one of the few 'diseases' that can make you feel very alone, especially considering how you experience it is often unique to you, and it's a silent issue; so it's not obvious to others that you have it, unless you tell 'em.

I have both types of tinnitus so I can sympathise.
      Welcome to the forum! I hope you find what you're looking for here~

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @annV,

Welcome to the forum! You are not alone; we understand what it feels like. I have both tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus, and can certainly relate to what you're going through. I tried hearing aids for my PT, but was unable to find one that blocked the PT and didn't amplify it.

We're glad you've joined us, and hope that we may offer you friendship and support.

Best wishes,
      Karen

6. MarkPoe

MarkPoe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj. Neck. Teeth
      Hello All,Im new to this website,Just praying i find answers and support.

7. Ron Robles
      Confused

Ron Robles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 4 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hello. Just wondering do you know how you got your pulsatile tinnitus, @annV?