Is It Time to Go Brave to Help Tinnitus Talk?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ed209, Sep 22, 2020.

?

What browser are you currently using on your mobile and desktop devices?

1. Chrome

2. Edge

3. Firefox

4. Opera

5. Safari

6. Brave

7. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      EDIT: Brave has stopped the referral program. The below post no longer applies, although you can still download Brave and when you browse Tinnitus Talk, select it as the beneficiary.

There is a way to help Tinnitus Talk financially by just browsing the site as you normally would. Since no adverts are used here a revenue stream is being missed, but this is done for good reason: to make the user experience superior. However, if you were to switch to Brave browser - which is by far the fastest I’ve ever used - then a small revenue stream can be generated and given to the site. No sign up is required and it’s the easiest thing you’ll ever do. All you have to do is download the browser and use it; it takes seconds.

Also, if you download Brave and use it for 30 days, Tinnitus Talk can get $7.50 per new user (if you’re located in the US - for other countries it's a little less).

To ensure that Tinnitus Talk earns the referral money, you must use this link to download it:

https://brave.com/tin735

Once you have it, click on the places highlighted here:

9D2B2A5A-8262-41A6-963F-B9EAB3FC75DD.jpeg

And then click here:

AA1A8B83-A4F5-4EE9-A9DD-B33F5B3CAF8E.jpeg

You can choose between having 1 - 5 adverts displayed per hour. The more you select, the more you can potentially earn. The kicker here is that it blocks all other ads and malware making the browser extremely fast and the monetary ads that do pop up you can ignore if you wish. However, if you click on them and then close them, you will get paid. It takes about a second. It does not affect your browsing experience at all and you will barely notice it happening. It’s easy and effortless to do.

Once you have built up some money, you can send a monthly tip to Tinnitus Talk automatically. Tinnitus Talk will also get a split of the ad revenue that’s created from your attention. In other words, the more you view this site, the more money it will get from the total amount that is generated across the internet.

You can easily make $2+ a month doing this so imagine how much could be made if everyone pooled together. With a membership this large, it could generate some worthwhile money for what amounts to doing what you’ve always done anyway. I also have to point out that I am in no way affiliated with this whatsoever. A friend of mine has been using it for years because it blocks all the ads and malware. This is what he generated in circa 6 weeks:

FB0B2EFC-5DD6-414A-9F8D-1FF26C81283B.jpeg

This is obviously a free choice, but I figured it was an idea worth mentioning.

PS. Brave is made by the same guy who founded Mozilla/Firefox, and who invented JavaScript.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Here is an image of the available automated tips:

243A40A9-39A3-49DA-9EF6-F60E499196F3.jpeg

As an example, if just 250 members out of the 31,000 (not sure how many are active) were to use Brave and tip monthly, it could potentially generate around $6000 annually.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It seems a little quiet in here. I think at the very least we could all download it - using the link below - and then use it for 30 days.

https://brave.com/tin735

After that, either keep using it (if you like it) or delete it. This extraordinarily simple act could generate some much-needed revenue for Tinnitus Talk, and nobody deserves it more. To say that a lot of hard work has gone into this place would be a huge understatement, and it has undoubtedly raised tinnitus’s profile. So, please download the browser, give it a try, and let’s raise a lot of money for a very good cause.

Who’s in?

:beeranimation:

4. Christiaan
      Inspired

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2016: headphones, 2020: worsened thanks to Rammstein
      I'm in & thank you so much for posting this Ed. I ditched Brave years ago for Chrome, but now there's a good reason to make the switch again;)

• Winner Winner x 1
    5. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I will be downloading to help!

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It’s really important that anyone doing this uses the referral link above.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That’s the spirit :cool:

All I need now is @OnceUponaTime and her whip! (Hope you’re well btw)

Just imagine the potential in doing this, and it doesn’t require anything from anyone. Potentially, this could generate more money than any other campaign that’s previously been launched, and this would all be money for our cause.

Just to give an idea of what’s possible using crude numbers: if we average the referrals at $5 a person, and then presume each person tips $2 a month, we would end up with an annual number in these ballparks:

100 participants = potentially $2,900
      200 participants = potentially $5,800
      500 participants = potentially $14,500
      1000 participants = potentially $29,000
      2000 participants = potentially $58,000

All for just looking at this site and others with a different (faster) browser, and occasionally looking at an optional ad which takes a second or two.

Have a think about it. If you have already clicked the referral link and joined in then please comment so I can gauge how much interest there is. There could also be some lurkers who may want to join in and help out.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’m not sure how many have used the referral link to download Brave (and intend to use it for 30 days), but if you have, thank you!

This simple action will generate some much-needed money for Tinnitus Talk and it couldn’t be any easier to do. To all those who have skimmed through this and decided to take no action, you must now await the wrath of @OnceUponaTime! I did warn you all :D

:thankyousign:

9. Swann36

Swann36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I already have Brave installed, but never used the ad thing... So is there a way simply log in and choose Tinnitus Talk as a beneficiary?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Yes, you can select Tinnitus Talk as the beneficiary of your time spent on the site.

11. Swann36

Swann36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Thanks!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      People on Android can still donate tips. Unfortunately, Apple, with the dictators that they are, stopped allowing iOS users to collect BAT for the ads.

There was a great opportunity here to make Tinnitus Talk tens of thousands just for using a new browser for a month, especially now that BAT has gone from 15p in value to over £1.

There was no interest, though, which was a huge shame.