Is KENACOMB Cream (Neomycin) Safe to Take with Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fally, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Fally
      Bookworm

Fally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no sure
      I've had a belly button infection for the last two weeks. I was given cream for it that wasn't bad but it hasn't cleared up. However doctor has just prescribed me a tropical creme which I am pretty sure is ototoxic it has neomycin. It seems there is nothing I can have that isn't. Given it's my belly button is this going to be an issue? I am so itchy. It's called Kenacomb cream.

I'm terrified to take anything that will make the ringing worse because I can barely handle it as it is.

2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I've been dealing with an infected ingrown toe nail and I had similar concerns. I avoided Neosporin per the doctor prescription because it has Neomycin as well. Actually Neosporin as 3 antibiotics in it. Crazy.

So I used a safer alternative, Bacitracin. So you could give that a try or you could try Polysporin which is Neosporin without the Neomycin, just the other two. I also have friends who swear by tea tree oil for infections.

So you could always try some tea tree oil first to see if that works.

My pediatrist also suggest doing soaks first with Iodine. So you could put some iodine first on it for about 10 minutes, then wipe it of with a warm damp cloth, then dry it then apply either Bacitracin, Polysporin or Tea Tree Oil. My doc had me doing this twice a day.

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I don't think twice about using Neosporin on cuts, unless that cut is in my middle ear.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fally
      Bookworm

Fally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no sure
      Thanks guys I shall look into it.