Is MiraLAX Safe If You Have Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by teacher34, Dec 22, 2019.

1. teacher34

teacher34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prescription megadose ibuprofin combined with noise exposure
      I suffer from chronic constipation, and am considering using MiraLAX on a daily basis from now on. Doctor says that's okay for my gut, but I'm more concerned about any potential effect it could have on my ears.

Is MiraLAX safe for regular use in your experience? Anyone here take it regularly? Any issues?

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Just enema or even take some mineral oil or both.

3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I have taken MiraLAX several times and it didn't have any effect on my tinnitus. I can only speak for myself though and I didn't take it long term. Would drinking more water and exercising help? Sometimes stress can cause constipation although I'm not sure what your cause is. Regardless, I hope things get better for you asap.

• Like Like x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Like Like x 1
    5. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      I use MiraLAX avery day. If I don't, I am in trouble. For those that have to use something all the time, I think it has the least potential for harm in long time use. And no, ...I don't think it has any effect on my Tinnitus. If anything the help it gives me lowers my stress.

6. TinaRuns

TinaRuns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / perforation
      I just took about 1/20 of a dose of MiraLAX about 3 days ago, after reading this thread and not feeling concerned. (Despite not feeling overly concerned, I still wanted to be cautious because I've read bad things about MiraLAX in other respects -- I literally put just a thin layer of the powder in the cap, rather than filling the entire cap per the instructions, before adding it to water.)

My tinnitus was very low that day and usually stays low unless something bad happens (usually medication but also gets worse after being in a loud restaurant, for example, which I don't usually do).

Anyway, within maybe 30 minutes, I had a noticeable spike and different sounds. That has continued for 3 days and now I'm really afraid. Stupid medication manufacturers -- they all suck.

I threw MiraLAX in the garbage and absolutely wish to God I had never taken that poison.

7. ChrissyPax

ChrissyPax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Laxative
      Did you see any improvement in your tinnitus from the MiraLAX? I just got horrific tinnitus and hyperacusis from taking it.

8. TinaRuns

TinaRuns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / perforation
      Hello. Mine went away pretty quickly.

Also, if you haven't tried already, B12 injections, with methylfolate and iron supplements, helped my tinnitus a good bit.

Miralax was HORRIBLE. I still remember that God awful sound. Just absolutely the worst.

But it went away! I wouldn't keep taking it but I would relax thinking it is going to go away.

I recommend taking B vitamins, a complex, a gentle multi, and then taking Magnesium Oxide -- powder you can buy on Amazon.

This was advice from a board certified gastro doctor, best selling author, for constipation. Magnesium Oxide doesn't get into your system very much (other than digestive). And it works. Takes a few days to get in a good rhythm and is safe to take long-term.

You might not need the other vitamins but some people can't tolerate Magnesium if they have other deficiencies.