Is My Tinnitus Getting Bad or am I Going Crazy

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rameek, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Rameek

Rameek Guest

Is my tinnitus getting bad or am i going crazy?

i have hissing in my ears also i hear this whistle sound in my head when outside i also have hyperacusis im crying cause i cannot think this is all recent doctor gave me antibiotcs a week ago when im outside all i hear is a whistle in my head

2. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Honey, are you reading up on any of the threads here? There might be something that you can do to ease your discomfort.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rameek

Rameek Guest

calin i dont know what to do none o the threads help im not sure i its all in my head cause when im in my house i dont get the whistle sound in my head its only when i go out it there

4. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      ohhhh! You only hear these sounds when you are outside?

Do you have high power tension lines or cell phone towers nearby?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rameek

Rameek Guest

i have phone towers near by but this never happend till i had my ears cleaned and the ENT put me on antibiotics and allegra i may have hyperacusis i have phonelines outside my building i cant watch tv cause i hear the same whitstle sound in head

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rameek

Rameek Guest

you get mesg

7. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      hmmm... first, ask you r doctor about it.

Next, It sounds like your brain is translating signals as tones in your head. I jsut read something about that - it was a question someone was asking regarding frequencies of cell phones, and other electrical equipment. try googling. I think I googled frequencies and tinnitus

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rameek

Rameek Guest

i could not find anything

9. mike

mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 1/2 months
      How long have you had this.Your not going crazy. I have different sounds all the time.Believe me it is terrible.I know it is tough to say.Copy and Paste Below. I dont know what state u live in But some of these people you can call and talk to. They should have some knowledge and they might be able to answer your questions.

http://www.chat-hyperacusis.net/post?id=3334680

10. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Rameek,
      Are you still on those antibiotics? I've read that some antibiotics can actually cause tinnitus, or make it worse. Have you finished taking them yet? Maybe once you've finished the antibiotics, the tinnitus will get a little bit quieter.

I don't have hyperacusis myself, but I also cannot watch TV because of the ringing. What I do is listen to a sound therapy recording at the same time I'm watching television. That way, it drowns out the worst of the ringing.

I hope all of our suggestions have helped you. Don't give up; it will be all right, and it may get better in time. There are lots of good ideas here on Tinnitus Talk that will help you cope with the ringing. And there is lots of research being done right now to find a cure for tinnitus. It may not be too long before something new comes along that will help.

And Mike's suggestion (above) to contact the Hyperacusis Network is a great idea! Looks like there is lots of help for you there, too.

We care --- we're all in this together!! Best wishes, and post again to let us know how you're doing.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Peter Phua

Peter Phua Guest

Rameek, I'd recommend that you go back to your physician as soon as possible. It seems you're in a great deal of distress and he might be able to help you.