Is My Tinnitus Getting Worse or Improving? I Can Hear Silence — Hear Ringing When I Plug My ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by neo-t, Jul 1, 2019.

1. neo-t
      Angelic

neo-t Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      fluid + noise exposure
      Hello! I just joined this site recently lol (actually like 2 minutes ago)

I’m 13F who has had tinnitus for about a week now as of writing this. I got it last week.

I came here to ask a question, am I improving or getting worse?

I have mild tinnitus. Whenever I block my ear, I can hear the low high ringing (I’ve had it for a week and I still don’t know how to describe it lol), but I can hear silence just fine now.

I don’t know if this is a sign of improvement and I haven’t gotten any answers from where I asked, so I turned to you all for help!

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 12.39.20.png

My confusion is off the roof right now and I need an answer!!

2. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      If you can't hear it in a quiet room, but when you plug your ears, then it's probably lowered a good amount. WHICH IS A GOOD THING. You're young, you have that on your side, but make sure you still protect your ears despite your age. Hopefully this will go away for you, but this is definitely a good thing - many people would kill to have this variant of tinnitus.

Make sure you stay away from headphones and loud noises. Be protective of dog barks, of your family vacuuming and yelling and door slams. Fourth of July is coming, I don't know if you're in the US. But for just this year, hopefully, avoid the fireworks and stay indoors!

( EDIT ) It could be a case of earwax blockage. Have your mother if she takes you, or you, ask for A MANUAL cleaning to take the wax out. Manual. Just manual! NO MICROSUCTION. NO SYRINGING.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      neo-t
      Angelic

neo-t Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      fluid + noise exposure
      Thank you for the answer! I was super confused so having someone answer it is good!
      I find it odd since I covered my t with white noise or noises and went out and did stuff for a couple days, then it suddenly went to this. I never knew this would happen since my Google searches said ‘it can’t go away! fading doesn’t exist!’ or something lol
      again thank you for the comment!! :0)

4. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Fading is totally possible. It will hopefully go away for you, and if it does, still protect your ears!

• Like Like x 1