Is Physical Ear Pain Common with Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AxlRose, Jul 9, 2016.

1. AxlRose
      Crappy

AxlRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      My ears started ringing 1 week ago after a loud concert. I noticed a few days ago my right ear is actually hurting as well. It's not a perceived pain from the ringing but an actual pain(if I push on part of my ear it hurts).

Is this normally a part of tinnitus? I went to a Dr and they said everything looks normally when they looked in my ear. I have an ENT appointment scheduled for 2 1/2 weeks from now.

2. Irish

Irish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music from nightclub
      It can be. Quite a few people who have Tinnitus or Hyperacusis also experience ear pain, fullness and discomfort as well.
      For some people, this just gets better with time.
      If the pain persists, ensuring you have a good clean healthy diet, regular exercise, supplements (like Magnesium, B12 and B complex, etc can help) and relaxation techniques too, these should all give some relief at least.
      This is one of the best posts I've seen so far on the forum, I'd recommend you take a look at it and try to enact at least some of these recommendations if the pain and ringing does not improve soon:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-—-new-protocols-and-supplements-to-try.6514/

3. Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to a concer 11 weeks ago and my tinnitus got worse and I ended up with Hyperacusis to some extent too. The pain was really bad for at least 9 weeks. I still have discomfort and my ears feel like they are stuffed full of something. The pain should go away eventually but it seems to me that ears take a long time to heal. I just hope when my Hyperacusis goes away my tinnitus goes back to what it was before because i was fine living with that the way it was. At the moment it's pretty darn loud.