Is Screaming Yourself Considered Noise-Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mila9828, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      Hey guys!

I know I ask a lot of questions, but was wondering if you screaming can cause tinnitus or amplify it? I’m asking because I have tinnitus in my right ear from a mild concussion, but I was so enraged and annoyed by the ringing I went on a “screaming-crying rampage” so to say. I woke up with the ringing in my left ear now as well. I’d describe it as a hiss noise that’s only heard if concentrated on or in a quiet room? My doctor said it could be because the pressure on my head from being so stressed plus screaming could have made it easier for my other ear to start ringing but that it should also subside with my tinnitus from my concussion... any thoughts guys?

Also wanted to add that last night was the first night in weeks in which A) I was able to sleep fairly well and B) there were periods in which I couldn’t hear my tinnitus, I’m not sure if this is habituation as people call it. I knew it was there but it was very rarely heard and if it was it was so minor I was able to sleep through it and this was without sleeping medication! Not sure if this is a step in the right direction but I really hope so.

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Well, singing has given me spikes in the past, so maybe you just gave yourself a spike?

3. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Whistling for my mother’s dogs has given me a mild spike before.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      Is it possible for it to cause tinnitus in another ear though? I previously only had tinnitus in my right ear but after my breakdown, I woke up to tinnitus in my other ear.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      Spike in an ear that usually doesn’t have ringing?

6. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Oh sorry no. Both my ears ring. The left one with hyperacusis only intermittently though. I don’t recall if it rang after that. It was obviously uncomfortable from the whistle. Which was stupid on my part I wasn’t wearing plugs or anything.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      It happens! I’m just concerned because I also got an ear cleaning done yesterday (they thought the earwax was causing the ringing) and now I’m super scared I damaged my ear with permanent tinnitus. I will say though that I feel fine!! I can hear better actually so I’m not sure why people say it can make it worse :/ I didn’t do micro suction, I did water syringing

8. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Idk have you searched any threads on that method on here. I’ve began searching less and less as the constant horror stories only serve to unsettle me. I’ve only had tinnitus a little over two months and I’m trying to be optimistic something good will happen.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      I did but only after the procedure had already been done. I’m almost slowly starting to stray away from the thread as it only seems to be making my anxiety worse

10. Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did it ever go away?

11. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Unfortunately, no.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You’ve only had it two months? Give time, time.

Attached Files:

13. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

No, it’s coming up on my year anniversary next month. You quoted a post from August of 2019. I got tinnitus in June of 2019.

14. Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What caused it?

15. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I’m not certain. I have a history of loud noise exposure, taken medications that have tinnitus as a side effect around the time of developing it, was going through traumatic divorce and very depressed, I had bilateral osteomas only discovered on CT after developing tinnitus. I had the right one removed via middle fossa craniotomy hoping it would help or eliminate the tinnitus. There was no improvement and I’ve had post-surgical issues.

I’ve had improvement in my hyperacusis overall though it can still become sensitive. However, I developed TTTS symptoms in December that persist. It’s been a rollercoaster.

• Hug Hug x 2