Is This Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Advansi, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Advansi

Advansi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown?
      For the past two days, in addition to the constant white noise sound (which I've had for years), I've had this intermittent pulsing in my right ear. It kind of sounds like a muffled woodpecker tapping away or a very speedy heartbeat. It's really only brought on by me burping, yawning, or stretching. And after 30 seconds or so of it starting and stopping, it will stop. It can be drowned out by everyday noise, like going to the store or cooking, things like that. But in complete silence do I hear it.

I'd like to think whatever it is, is due to anxiety or even tense neck muscles? Nothing drastic but, the right side of my neck up to my jaw does feel a little more tense than the other. And I have been known to have super weird symptoms flare up due to my anxiety.

I hesitate to call this pulsatile tinnitus just because, majority of the time, it doesn't sound like a normal heartbeat. Any sort of heartbeat sound, I'll hear once and it will stop. The more prevalent sound is the woodpecker sound.

Has anyone ever had anything like this?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      What you are explaining here is pulsatile tinnitus. I had this kind of bumping two weeks ago and it only lasted for 2 days.

I think it is same as normal tinnitus it may disappear or maybe it won't. In this site there is a pulsatile tinnitus section and I would maybe ask the people there what they think.

I hope it goes away :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Advansi

Advansi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown?
      I can definitely ask the Pulsatile Tinnitus group here. Thank you for responding!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      I am glad to help :)